Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KARMA Oasys Software released!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I've been (ab)using this thing for quite awhile now - even away from home - and I have to say I'm completely blown away with everything KO can do. I'm pretty much psyched about the idea of using this over a long period of time thus building my own set of Karma-fied sounds. Mostly drum or drum/bass, but that's just me. It will cut my music production time by miles as time goes by. Casablanca, hint, hehe Smile

Stephen, possibilities of this software is just beyond anything I ever imagined. I'm wordless here. I'm currently working on a possibility of using O, BFD2 and KO alltogether as an extreme solution for whatever comes across my mind. Awesome. Article to come out soon.
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vEddY wrote:
Stephen, possibilities of this software is just beyond anything I ever imagined. I'm wordless here. I'm currently working on a possibility of using O, BFD2 and KO alltogether as an extreme solution for whatever comes across my mind. Awesome. Article to come out soon.

Well, thank you! Smile I look forward to the article.

John Hendry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: How to use the weak force to get what you want... Reply with quote

Hi Stephen,

This would be really cool,

If I have shown how to take E=mc2 and turn its time symmetry around to come up with the equation that solves The Unified Field Theory, and it turns out that the weak force is an oscillator, how about a laser triggered keyboard response system instead;-) I don’t think the current state of physics is in any hurry to accept that they are far behind the real Professor in understanding nature to cause Korg’s site to be flooded with new users as warranted since the weak force is an oscillator. A few qualified responses show it will occur in time as consciousness/life is understood to be related to time and the growing side of physics supporting observation theory prevails. This is not a new argument in physics, it just needed time understood.

After touch could be achieved by a rubber pad (adjustable would be cool!) that inhibits the bottom throw registered by the laser to give both channel or polyphonic after touch which is much needed when using after touch IMO. In the end I find expression control the last say in harmonic reproduction not that I am Mozart. I don’t think a lot of people would notice right off that a keyboard had release velocity and true linear response, but they would want it back after going back to stepped velocity response and no release velocity I believe. Timed release velocity could be used to change a sound without affecting attack velocity. Trigger steps could be programmed into a linear response system as well as the current stepped system. There are many situations that could use linear response with only two or three trigger programmable velocity steps needed/wanted giving better control in introducing another sound or parameter to the patch. I have an old Elka MK 76 that has polyphonic after touch and some excellent advances in key response programming. It would seem the technology at that time was economically prohibiting developing an advanced controller that required associated responding sound modules but times have changed. In my EXTREMELY limited knowledge of the Oasys it would seem that the Oasys could be programmed to respond to many advances in keyboard key response and control.

Just a thought…

John^^

Last edited by John Hendry on Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
dhjdhj

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you use Objective-C/Cocoa for the Mac version? If so, what did you use for Windows?

StephenKay wrote:
I recommend Mac always. Actually, the program is developed on a Mac, and looks/works great in Leopard (the latest OS Apple is shipping on new computers). And if you don't mind making the switch, you'll be happier with the Mac overall.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhjdhj wrote:
Did you use Objective-C/Cocoa for the Mac version? If so, what did you use for Windows?

StephenKay wrote:
I recommend Mac always. Actually, the program is developed on a Mac, and looks/works great in Leopard (the latest OS Apple is shipping on new computers). And if you don't mind making the switch, you'll be happier with the Mac overall.
No, the Mac version is written in C/C++ using Carbon, and the older (but still highly serviceable) PowerPlant framework. The Windows version is created from the same code, using a Mac2Windows DLL emulator, and a bit of specific Windows code for various parts (the MIDI implementation, for example, is completely different for Windows and written from scratch). So the Windows version is essentially mainly the Mac version, running through an emulation DLL - I have to say, though, it works far better than that might suggest. You really can't tell. Wink

dhjdhj

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, thank you. I've been struggling with this issue, trying to decide whether to buy into something like QT, wxwidgets or (ouch, RealBasic).

I haven't seen a Mac2Windows DLL emulator though. I'm familiar with various VMs that will let OS X run on Windows, as well as some older environments that just emulate Apple hardware etc.
CarlosCoimbra

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i Never had problems with windows PC´s, i will have a look for the PC version !

www.MakeMusicNews.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: