Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compression / EQ questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mentasm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Compression / EQ questions Reply with quote

Hi all,

Got my EMX about two months ago and have a track that I'd like to release and am looking into what it takes to turn a raw EMX track into something decent enough to be played in a club.

Regarding Compression / EQ - From what i can tell almost everything should have some form of Compression and/or EQ applied to it to keep the different sounds from stomping on each other. To me this suggests that the EMX would be used to produce the sounds, then Compression / EQ would be applied outside of the EMX using some form of DAW. Am I wrong here? (I'd like to do as much as possible on the EMX before recording out and the EMX does have it's EQ and Compressor FX, but considering there are only 3 FX per pattern I don't want to use up two of them per part).

Much appreciated,
K.
mr.s

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should go find a local recording studio where you can pay to have the track recorded by an engineer.... just go and speak to them and explain what you have and there is bound to be someone who in to your type of music etc.
If doing everything on the emx then you need to get a good mix of levels, panning and sound selection because you cant really eq the internal pcm anyway

if you record to 1 file at home then theres not much you can do to fix individual parts if needed. the good thing about the emx though is you can bring the machine in to the studio and the engineer can fix levels and filter stuff on the machine if you show him whats what
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: