Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sonar 2.2 won't recognize KLDE stand alone synths

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Ward

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Sonar 2.2 won't recognize KLDE stand alone synths Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

I can't get Sonar 2.2 to recognize WS or M1 as stand alone synths. Can't point to them to play without going out midi interface and back in. That creates some wild problems. This should happen internally. Sonar manual says that after installation I should find device pointers in my midi device windows. Nothing related to legacy appears. I am frustrated with this whole legacy problem. There is no info in the install or owner's manual. I basically wasted my money on this software. I probably need to upgrade Sonar, but don't want to, can't afford it, and still don't know if it would solve my problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve
rich_h

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly what you would expect to happen. The standalone synths require to be fed from a MIDI port, they won't magically create one in Sonar.

The good news is there are two free solutions - Google for MIDI Yoke or Maple Virtual MIDI Cable. Either of these will give you virtual MIDI cables, so you would send to MIDI Yoke 1 (for example) from Sonar and set the synth to receive from MIDI Yoke 1.

Alternatively you could search for a wrapper to allow the VST versions to be used as DX synths internally to Sonar.
Steve Ward

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich, Thanks so much for your quick answer. I downloaded midi yoke, it seem to work really well. I wonder why Korg doesn't supply something like this in their package. Also do you know if there is possibly some type of INS file connected to the Legacy stuff. This would really be nice using Sonar. Thanks again. The midi-ox guy who wrote the midi yoke programs is really good. He works for Cakewalk software company.
Steve
rich_h

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a better would be to get Cakewalk's own VST wrapper

http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/VSTAdapter/default.asp

Assuming that Sonar 2.2 supports DXi then you would be able to use the plug-in versions directly within Sonar without having to faff around with virtual MIDI cables.

(And you're not either of the two Steve Wards I went to school with in Rochester in the 1980s are you?)
Steve Ward

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich, thanks again for the reply. Cakewalk does offer a VST upgrade, but of course they want money for it. Does VST use show all the patches used and allow you to basically appoint the patch used within Sonar? No Rich I am not one the Steve Ward's you know. I am originally from Oklahoma, graduated in 1972. I do have a friend who lived in Rochester for a while, he at that time was a violinist and attended Eastman for while. His name is Tim Collins. He is now a medical doctor.

Steve
twelvefruits@bellsouth.net
rich_h

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not experienced with Sonar and VST wrappers, but I would expect it to work as you describe. I believe there are other DX/VST wrappers available, and there may well be a free one.

Definitely not at school together - wrong side of the Atlantic for a start. Actually I was at school with three Steve Wards - you guys get everywhere! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: