Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M1 default patch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kloosterj

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: M1 default patch Reply with quote

How do I change the default patch for the M1? I'd like to have a descent GrandPiano sound as default. I tried "Save All Data as Default", and it changed the default patch... but not the one i'd hoped!

What am i doing wrong?

Jan
kloosterj

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody?
John Hendry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: M1 piano Reply with quote

Hay Klooster,

I just saw a Roland U22 mod for $30 on C list......I would pick it up if you want a decent sounding piano as the M1 has its own sound of a piano, but not a real sounding one IMO...I have the Korg piano ROM card set and still use my M1 but the U220 had a better one for $30. The U220 is old tech and hard to use compared to the M1 but the sound quality was top notch with a volume control resistance defeat switch to improve it a bit. For $30 the U220 is hard to beat....I have 2 so do not need another, but would never sell one for $30....I paid over $600 over for the first in 1991 and was happy to get such a good deal...things change....$30 buys a lot now;-) I got tired of my Triton and am back with WS AD and 2 M1's. I have heard the Triton sound amazing but I like the old Korg sound and simple things..its up to the player so some of the old gear is a real deal if you can live with 16 voices and without USB, etc.

Aloha, John^^
Mad Jack

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the answer to your question. But if it's a realistic grand piano you're after, then the free one from Tascamgiga.com will probably be better than anything the M1 or Wavestation offers. It sounds pretty good to me. Very Happy

Quote:

GIGA Continuous Velocity Piano

The world's first instrument utilizing GIGA's Spectral Morphing technology instead of massive multisampling. This instrument utilizes only a single velocity sample, which is precisely and continuously expanded via the Spectral Interpolate Velocity (SIV) mode of GIGA's Spectral Morphing filters, to cover the full dynamic range, pp to ff, it is a FREE download from the TASCAM website. Click here to download (156 MB)
jg::
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A free download, but the sample set requires GVI or Gigastudio to run, doesn't it?

jg::

```
Mad Jack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, just download it, install and use either as a vsti or standalone. Very Happy

Actually, this has been around for well over a year (although I only recently found out about it myself). There's a rather long thread about it here. Not read it all, yet, but I gather some people have had problems with conflicting dongle drivers... Luckily I've not noticed any problems, and have full Legacy Collection licence(s) (Analog Edition 2007 + Digital Edition). That said, if you have other software that uses the same dongle, then you may need to some update drivers/licences (yes, computers are great, when they work..)

Just seen this video on youtube showing some tweaks for the CVPiano to improve CPU efficiency.
kloosterj

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to change the default patch of the KLC - M1 plugin. Piano or bass or whatever! The one that's loaded when activating the plugin. Anyone have a clue?

(But thanks for the tip on the CVPiano, downloading now...)

Regards
Jan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: