Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP!!!!!! My screen is DEAD!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerzwhile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: HELP!!!!!! My screen is DEAD!!!! Reply with quote

I fired up the O last night and the screen will not respond to touch!! Its lit up normally and plays fine but there is no touch response from the screen!! I did take her for a car ride! This to me sounds like a loose ribbon cable that may have come loose during said car trip! Anybody have any advice before I take her to my tech. at work?? Sad
MY Weapons of choice: K2600X, Oasys88, PC3X, K2661, V-Synth, MotifESR, ZR-76, TS-12, VFX, EPS16+,ESQ-1, ESQ-1R, Emu Xtreme Lead, SCI Six Trak, HR-16, Kurzweil Mark 150 Baby Grand and 2 D1600's synced!!!
http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=kerzwhile
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP!!!!!! My screen is DEAD!!!! Reply with quote

Kerzwhile wrote:
I fired up the O last night and the screen will not respond to touch!! Its lit up normally and plays fine but there is no touch response from the screen!! I did take her for a car ride! This to me sounds like a loose ribbon cable that may have come loose during said car trip! Anybody have any advice before I take her to my tech. at work?? Sad

I'm sorry that the screen isn't responding to touch! I agree that a cable (either loose, or pinched) is the prime suspect. Hopefully an easy fix.

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Kerzwhile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dan! Thats what I suspected too! BTW Its good to see that at least YOU are still there!!! Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad
MY Weapons of choice: K2600X, Oasys88, PC3X, K2661, V-Synth, MotifESR, ZR-76, TS-12, VFX, EPS16+,ESQ-1, ESQ-1R, Emu Xtreme Lead, SCI Six Trak, HR-16, Kurzweil Mark 150 Baby Grand and 2 D1600's synced!!!
http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=kerzwhile
curvebender
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerzwhile wrote:
Thanks Dan! Thats what I suspected too! BTW Its good to see that at least YOU are still there!!! Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad

They're all here, don't worry.. Wink
ldascanio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerzwhile wrote:

Hi:

I had some issues with the screen in the past and disasembled my O screen.

Touch screen is a glass panel with a flat cable (4 wires) attached to it (fixed).
they finish in a connector board at a side of the sreen (you need to disasemble the screen support to access to that part and it's not an easy task). From this connector you have another flat cable (4 wires) that goes out of the Oasys screen and enter to the chassis. If you open the chassis it's easily accesible and it goes directly to a connector in the left side of a big board located to the right of your keyboard. This end of the cable and connector is easy to check if you like before carry out the O to the service.
I'd also try with the touch screen calibration routine first to see if it has some effect on the behavior of your Oasys.

I have pictures of different parts to show where is the connector and cable you are looking for. I cannot post files here. In case you need it just send me a private message with your e-mail and I'll share with you or post your issue in Karma-Lab Oasys forum general questions (attached files are allowed there) so the images are available for anyone interested on the subject.

Rgds.
OASYS 88 #000312
KRONOS 61 #003946
KORG Z1, ROLAND PK-5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: