Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem: Too hard to press the buttons

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Satori

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Problem: Too hard to press the buttons Reply with quote

I have my Trinity for almost 10 years now and some of the buttons have become too hard to press. One of them has even stopped functioning. Anybody knows how this can be fixed? If the problem is not electronic, is an inside cleaning all I need? If yes, do you know if it's expensive generally, because official KORG technicians around here tend to charge too much.

Thank you
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's likely either 1) the contacts have become dirty (and less conductive due to being insulated by dirt) or 2) they've become worn out.

Not sure how to clean dirty contacts (without looking at the buttons in question), but if the worst comes to the worst and you're good at soldering you could always perhaps look into replacing the buttons with new ones (you will have to take the Trinity apart and strip it down in order to access the main PCB and desolder the buttons before soldering new ones in their places).

If either is unachievable then I guess it'll have to be a Korg technician jobbie.
MusiKman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem: Too hard to press the buttons Reply with quote

Satori wrote:
I have my Trinity for almost 10 years now and some of the buttons have become too hard to press. One of them has even stopped functioning. Anybody knows how this can be fixed? If the problem is not electronic, is an inside cleaning all I need? If yes, do you know if it's expensive generally, because official KORG technicians around here tend to charge too much.

Thank you

Try blowing some compressed air to it, you can buy at your local computer store. I do this often., But most of all, I keep my Silver Beauty covered when not in use. I got a really cheap cover at Walmart, for less than 10 dollars. Worth its price in gold by now.
"I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope." Then you will call to me. You will come and pray to me, and I will hear you. "When you look for me,you will find me. When you wholeheartedly seek me, I will let you find me, declares the Lord." Jeremiah 29:11
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: