Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Other softwares for the Nintendo DS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG - Nintendo DS/3DS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Other softwares for the Nintendo DS Reply with quote

I've seen on the web there are numerous other music apps for the Nintendo DS. Have any of you guys any experience with some of these?
Here's a few:
http://remaincalm.org/index.php/ds-music-apps
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great find...now my DS will be the ultimate Kaossilator hahahaha

It seems the stuff from glitch is a real winner with glitch and cells.
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they seem great. Did you get to try any? I haven't been able to purchase a memory card myself yet, so it'll have to wait...
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ones that stand out the most are Glitch and Cells from glitchds.com

if Korg has any plans on making a DS-10 2.0 then they need to take a few cues from this guy.

While DS-10 is great pocket modeling synth with good effects control glitchds.com creates software based on sampled sounds, and yes you can import your own sounds into this thing!

by the time you get done you can have your self a nifty little kaosilator type system using either cells or glitch.

the samples on these packages are very good, the piano on glitch was impressive!

both glitch and cells are very user friendly when it comes to live performance, glitch being the best for live out of the 2.

getting to what you need is quick painless and easy! the abstract qualities of glitch give you more of an inspiration for new beats and melodies.

honestly for a kool like set up i would want 2 more DS's (w/ special cards) so that I have a DS running DS 10, another for glitch and the last one for cells. with a good mixer and your kp 3 in the effects loop one could have a pretty kool electro music set up.
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, agree the Glitch stuff seems awesome. Also, I'm attracted to the Nitro tracker, as I have a background as a tracker Smile
It would indeed be awesome to sync several units playing the different progs, but can it be done? It's possible to sync up to 8 units playing the Korg DS-10, but can other apps be included in the setup? If so, it would be totally mindboggling!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG - Nintendo DS/3DS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: