Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MICROKORG!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DylanG [SC]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: MICROKORG! Reply with quote

Can any one help me with "blank slate" does this mean I can start fresh making my own sounds WITHOUT erasing any factory settings?[/u]
X-Trade

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There IS a microkorg section just a little further up the forum index.

anyway,
yes, whenever you initialise a patch (shift + 3 I think), it erases the patch from memory, but the microkorg has a copy of all the factory patches in ROM so that you can do a factory reset or load individual programs (look it up in the manual, more shift + number operations)
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
DylanG [SC]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, you are alot of help. I have just a few more questions though.
- Is it a lot of trouble to get the original setting back, after you have made your own?

- How do you choose the factory setting you want to replace?

I read most of the manual, some parts were easy to understand, and the ones about initializing a program were somewhat confusing. And I just found this forum about 2 days ago. It's way helpful talking to other people, haha. So thank you.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't get the original settings back after you change them. You need to save them in advance, which you can do by hooking up to a computer with the MicroKorg Sound editor software. Using the editor software is a better way to create patches anyways, so it's worth doing regardless.

There is no problem actually changing the settings back to the original values - the problem is knowing what the original settings were set to prior to the change - particularly if you or someone else changed them from the new values.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking at the manual now and you most certainly can get them back:

"P63. Restoring Factory Settings
- Hold down the shift key and press the 7 key. The display will indicate 'PLD'
- Turn knob 1 to select the data that will be restored from the factory set:
1Program ('1PG') - Load data for only one program
Program ('PrG') - Load data for all programs (128 programs)
Global ('GLB') - Load Global data
- If you selected 1Program in step 2, turn knob 2 to select the program (A.11 - B.8Cool that will be restored to its factory settings
- Press the blinking 7 key. the Preload operation will continue and then the MicroKorg will return to its normal state. "
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi X-Trade,

It all depends on whether "original" means original to him, whatever the current state of the patches are prior to any new changes, or original to the manufacturer going back to the factory settings. Once the factory settings have been changed and written, those settings can't be recovered if overwritten, unless saved before changing them. That is what I was referring to, not the factory patch set.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmlguy wrote:
Hi X-Trade,

It all depends on whether "original" means original to him, whatever the current state of the patches are prior to any new changes, or original to the manufacturer going back to the factory settings. Once the factory settings have been changed and written, those settings can't be recovered if overwritten, unless saved before changing them. That is what I was referring to, not the factory patch set.

True,
however I took my assumptions based on what was said:
Quote:
- Is it a lot of trouble to get the original setting back, after you have made your own?

- How do you choose the factory setting you want to replace?

suggesting that the factory settings haven't been changed and he's just been playing with them.

anyway, we're both right Smile
DylanG [SC]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I meant edit that factory setting and save the changes. So if i overwrite the factory setting and save it, I cant get that facotry setting back?
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can get the factory setting back easilly.

you just can't get back any settings that you have altered, unless you have a backup (e.g. if you had adjusted and written a factory sound, you can get the original back but not your edited version)
DylanG [SC]

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah yeah! thats exactly what I want. So pretty much just start over fresh, just like when it first came out of the box?
Awesome. Now I can not be afraid to save my stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: