Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OPINIONS ON THE N5???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ferchis
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: OPINIONS ON THE N5??? Reply with quote

what do you think about this synth as an addition to an x50 I already own? is it VERY far away from a triton? do you know how are the bread-n-butter sounds (especially pianos, strings, leads)????

it's got midi thru hasn't it? is the polyphony really 64??

I REALLY NEED YOUR HELPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!! I'm considering buying this one...

THANX!!!

Kronos 88 - Korg M50 61 - Morphwiz - Alchemy synth
ferchis
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

has anyone got the n5??????

is it SO hard to find the sounds? (I guess there's no category button...)

What about the sounds? do they sound professional??

Kronos 88 - Korg M50 61 - Morphwiz - Alchemy synth
gothbin

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a N1, which is basicly a N5 with 88 weighted keys and an extra pianopatch. The sounds are good, but it is not like a virtual analoque synth. It has plenty of usefull sounds, and it is sturdy. I use my N1 next to a R3, and that covers my needs completly.
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To give you an idea, N5 was put out just after the Trinity in '96. The soundset is ENTIRELY different from the Triton's, so it will be completely different from your X50. The multisamples are of lesser quality, and borrow from the 01/W and X3 libraries quite a bit. Finding sounds I think is pretty simple, the AI2-series synths all arrange patches by the one's digit, so if 01 is a piano, 11, 21, 31, 41, 51, etc will all be keyboard instruments. if 2's is a string patch, 12, 22, 32, etc are all ensembles. all 0's are motion synths. the 10's-hold button is very useful when browsing sounds.

The sounds i don't think are professional by today's standards, and the effects aren't as nice... you get 2 master effects applied to all 16 channels, but you can't turn those effects up on each channel like you can on the X50. They are WARMER sounding, less strident than the Triton's soundset. And someone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, but the piano is horrible... it's the same one from the 01/W, X3, N364, etc., and the M1's is on there too (which isn't all that great either). You won't get very realistic sounds w/ the N5, but they are rich-sounding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: