Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Propellerhead Reason - Live

View previous topic :: View next topic  
musicaviat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Propellerhead Reason - Live Reply with quote

Hi,

I am performing at a concert, and the intro which is about a minute will be played from Reason.

How would I go about doing this? How would my laptop get connected to the mixerboard? Should I play the intro from REASON or export it as a wave file and play that?

While we're at it, is there anyway to isolate a click track on reason to the drummer without the front of the house hearing it?

Thanks in advance !
woodsj25

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! So let's see if I can help. I have vaguely used Reason live, and basically, is what you are going to play just an intro, or do you want to make Reason, and synths a part of your rig? If it is just an intro, I would say just make a .wav file and have front of house play it off your ipod/cd. If you want to make it part of your rig, then whatever synth you use via USB to your laptop should have 1/4" outs on it that they can put through a D.I., but I can tell you all about that later if you want to go that route...

Also, are you wanting a click to your drummer out of Reason, or are you just asking in general, if you are just asking in general, then this is what you would want to do:

(this is saying your drummer has I.E.M.'s, or an In Ear Monitor system) Whatever module your drummer uses to generate his click track, have that sent down the snake line to the monitor guy, if you only have F.O.H., then it can go down there. Sending it down the snake usually means taking an XLR cable and connecting it to a sub snake, usually found onstage near the drummer. If his module doesn't have XLR outs, use a D.I. because they will more than likely have 1/4" outs. When it is sent back it will be through an aux, or his I.E.'s. The F.O.H. guy will have the common sense not to turn that channel up in the house, and you can ask for more click during soundcheck, or whatever into your I.E.'s.

If your drummer doesn't have I.E.'s, then just use headphones, and don't worry about connecting it to the snake. I have seen some drummers use ear buds, and take one ear out so they still get the monitor, and the click. But most drummers I have had to work with have I.E.'s so they can effectively mix the click track.

Does this help? Let me know!

--Jeff
woodsj25

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA, I just realized you asked about isolating a click track on Reason, and I went into that whole other explanation that you probably didn't need... so my answer for the click track Reason thing would be this:

The only way I can think of it working (which this is kind of a crude way) is if you had a viable output on your computer that can effectively go into an XLR female (for the sub snake), which usually laptops do not have... HOWEVER, if you really must make it happen, then hooking up a keyboard, or something small that would have your USB in, and 1/4" outs, so you can send that to the F.O.H., and then just trigger your click by pressing the space bar while in the sequencer to start/stop it would work, OR, just do what I said in the other post, just hook up headphones to your laptop, and start and stop it.

Using the click only in Reason for live purposes to me doesn't sound too practical. If you get a click module, they really shouldn't be too expensive, and have a lot of features that would make it worth while. Here is an example of what I am talking about:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DB90/

I did pick the most expensive one, but maybe you get an idea. I hope I have helped, it is late, and I am probably just babbling on... good luck, let me know how it goes!

--Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Audio / Visual All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: