Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advise about Speakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milo,
Rec Out would not be amplified so should be OK but you're not getting much benefit from the ampified mixer amp except perhaps powering your lows for the bass speaker - but I guess you do get tonal control.
If it sounds good then stick with it and enjoy.
Regards,
John
milo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanxs John, you got right. I will try it for a while and then i will see what i will do. Maybe i will buy a normal monitor then...

Byee
milo

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI all,

Well i am still not happy with the sound that i am getting from my xpro. I looked on the internet and found the JBL control 1 monitor speaker. Has somebody got experience with these monitors? I only want the sound system for home use, but i have to have a good system to be able to make good sounds and for practising with the singer. the price of this jbl control 1 is good but will the quality also be good?

If someone uses this monitor, please let me know it is is good for the pa1xpro.

Thanxs
Peter Paul

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Milo,

Get two Mackie HR 824 active studio monitors. For some $600/piece you get quality of $1,500 monitors. In other words, if you don't want to spend $1,500 per monitor but want the same result, get Mackie HR 824. I do not have time to go through specs, you can search internet, there is ton of it. But I can tell you, you'll be pleasantly surprised what you hear. They start to call these monitors legendary.They really stand out in their category, the Mackie made fortune with these monitors. I know people who would rather buy old HR 824 than newest HR 824 MKII. And they would pay good money. But I won't sell for anything.
in which the spirit lives, thinks and invents."
~ Ludwig van Beethoven ~
milo

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanxs for the reply. But that is to expensive for me. i was more searching for speakers like the jbl control one. because it is only for home use. So if anybody uses or got experiences with these speakers, let me know.
milo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobodyy?????
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milo,

You could get Alesis M1 Active 620 powered monitors, they will do a fine job for you and cost only 235 Euros for a pair from Thomann.

Best regards,
Rob
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I see a few folks here saying that you can't get good sound from a bass amp.

Well, I auditioned a couple of keyboard amps, Peavey KB5 and a Hartke (can't remember the model now) and neither was as good as the Roland Cube 100 bass amp I ended up with. Volume, punch, tone (most of which is the result of your own eq efforts in the keyboard, anyway) you name it. Neither the Peavey nor the Hartke was as small or as light in weight either. My main drawback at present is the fact that I only have the one, so I'm running 'mono' from the combined jack. But I won't hesitate to buy another Cube 100 when funds permit and I know the Pa1XPro will really sing.

Please bear in mind that I use the Cube for keyboard only. Our vocals are through a Behringer MX602A mixer, Peavey KR600F amp into two Fender 112-ELC speakers.

So many choices, milo. And in the end trust your own ears.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: