Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is the Korg DS-10 compatible with the Nintendo DSI
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG - Nintendo DS/3DS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plosive

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a DSi but I kept my DS Lite. Flashcards are out that work with the DSi incase you are worried about such a thing. I've got an Acekard2.
ricky recordo

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the DSi is a huge step up in sound quality over the DS. The quality of the audio output through the DSi's speakers is much better than the DS for sure, and yes the DS-10 sounds great through them, but passed through our monitors - DS-10 sounds absolutely incredible! Same goes for Jam Sessions guitar, which sounds much cleaner and detailed on the DSi.

BTW, the DSi's bundled "Nintendo DSi Sound" app is an absolute hoot, and far and away the most fun I have ever had with a sampler. The audio quality is very good despite the silly wee price point we're working with here. The DSi's microphone, although tiny, is of very high quality and sensitivity, and the realtime waveform display of your input is fantastic and accurately shows when the wave begins to clip. The app's ability to sample, store and manipulate eighteen samples (180 seconds) is brilliant... it would be nice if the recording was unlimited, but what's there is very useful. Plus the DSi's two cameras allow you to take a photo of whatever it is you're sampling. Too much fun!

The DSi also plays back AAC files through the same app, which allows for cool things like pitch transposition and variation of playback speed to aid in transcribing fast musical passages. Playback is continuously variable from 1/2 original tempo to 2X, and pitch variation is independently controllable over a two octave range. Awesome tool... I traded up without a second thought, and never looked back Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG - Nintendo DS/3DS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: