Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

April Schooldays OSAM APRIL O9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pwmccredie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: April Schooldays OSAM APRIL O9 Reply with quote

Just in time!...I have a list of excuses for my lack of fire in April

1. Enjoying the miracle of my first born (girl...too cute for words)
2. Recently aquired space to set up very small studio (YAY!)
3. buying new equipment for studio (new computer, qbase5, aucustic electric, and a african floor drum HELL YEAH!)
4. Bought myself a Cadillac (30th birthday present to myself)

Not much to say about my own songs...if you like or dislike..let me know and why.

Peace!...and people...if I can do all of the above and still work my 50 hour work weeks and still pump my juices....you all can. Rally yourself...your music deserves it!!No one else will but yourself!

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7562112&q=hi
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, congrats with everything man!

As for your music - again it has an odd arrangement of sounds, though you still seem to make it work. And again I would like to here transition to different chords in your songs. In this particular song, it doesn't seem to be a major problem. But it would be nice to change things up a bit (I'm even having problems with chord transitions at the moment). Also, I think strings should be louder and could use variety in the notes being played.
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!!!!!!,

Well...the first thing for me is the really quirky (in a VERY GOOD way) rhythmic elements you have used...They are for me at least...Great... and I am impressed.... The chord structure is also a plus, the changes from M7 to m7 near the end, is quite a nice trick in the few places it occurs....

The instrumentation is some of the best setting I have heard in some time... bright and yet elusive.....a touch of real (genuine) ambience... without getting lost in "never never land"......... WHAT a beautiful sound...The kalimba (or otherwise if it is named different for you), is in particular most striking in the use we find here..!!! Great sound and unusual use!!

If I had to complain, it would be that the rhythm portions might have been altered in a different way an a few places, allowing the ..., more mystical elements in the melodic lines to come forward a bit.. They simply seem too loud in a few places

None-the-less... I found it VERY creative, and it was an enjoyable "several" listens... I will be back!

John (ellll) Very Happy
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dito to Pumpkin King's comments. I had some strange issues with the timing, some of it seemed off beat, then I wondered if it's on purpose. This reminds me a lot of my Sutra of the Mystic Lotus, (you can find that in my soundclick player.) But there is a nice mix of textures and suprise sounds that make it really fun to experience. It's certainly not what you expect to hear, and I find that 2 b a good thing. Now, hopefully your life has settled some and you can do another amazing song for may.
album cover
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and by the way,

Congrats on the new one .., and all the nice edges you got goin' BEST!..

John (ellll) Shocked
Stephen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new baby!!!!
I'm soooo jealous, babys are the best!!!!
Congratulations.
Very Happy

Oh yeah...the song Razz It's got great style, I also felt thrown off by a couple of the percussive things you did, that said though, the creativity factor is cool here.
You may have inspired me with this piece.
Nicely done.
Smile
http://cdbaby.com/all/jstephenfoster

Location Central U.S.A.
joet63

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pwmc, cool track!, your song has unusual 'odd arrangement of sounds' but you made it sound constructed and well thought out. tracks like this are good to teach us about sound, well done pwmc!

joe
Reason 5, Record 1.5, KLC 1.2v, Korg MS2000, BR, Korg Electribe Series Mk11, Roland JV1080, Novation A Station, Novation Bass Station, Evolution 49 M/Controller, Yamaha PSR295,300,DSR 2000, E/Acoustic CPX900, Epiphone Sheraton, Suzuki Acoustic Guitar,
Washburn RB2500 Bass Guitar, Akai Pro ME30PII, Fostex Mixer, Korg DS-10, Korg PadKontrol.

www.myspace.com/joethompson63
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: