Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tr-rack and Hi and lo samples

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpq

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: tr-rack and Hi and lo samples Reply with quote

tr-rack:
i found sounds can have different Hi and lo samples these crossfaded ? or velocity depends which sample plays. if there is crossfade i think tihs is much more usefull. ps. tell other korg synths about this if you know.
jpq

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: tr-rack and Hi and lo samples Reply with quote

Its seems directly jumps older than triton series but m30,m5,ja oasys there is possiblity use crossfade. i get ansver from other place.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the triton directly jumps, so I would assume that the trinity does too (considering it is older). don't know if the new EDS synths (M50, M3) or the HD-1 (OASYS) does it, but I do know that they have four velocity layers rather than two.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
jpq

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
the triton directly jumps, so I would assume that the trinity does too (considering it is older). don't know if the new EDS synths (M50, M3) or the HD-1 (OASYS) does it, but I do know that they have four velocity layers rather than two.

i asked this form one generic forum. i get this ansver these new can "morph"/crossfade them.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always set up a combi with two patches. One patch that gets attenuated the harder you press, and the other patch to get louder the harder you press.

The end result will be very similar to a crossfade. If you play softly, you will hear more of the first patch. As you play the keys harder, the first patch will fade out and the second patch will fade in, meaning you will hear more of the second patch accordingly.

Both fine detune parameters of both patches within the combi must be identical, or you may have detune/phase issues when both patches are summed.
jpq

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timo wrote:
You could always set up a combi with two patches. One patch that gets attenuated the harder you press, and the other patch to get louder the harder you press.

The end result will be very similar to a crossfade. If you play softly, you will hear more of the first patch. As you play the keys harder, the first patch will fade out and the second patch will fade in, meaning you will hear more of the second patch accordingly.

Both fine detune parameters of both patches within the combi must be identical, or you may have detune/phase issues when both patches are summed.

nice tip but hard some times but still usefull.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: