Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EXB-DI install
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anukis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: EXB-DI install Reply with quote

Anyone know how hard this is to do by yourself? I can'tfind manual at Korg.com. Do I need to reinstall entire OS software?
The ADat out signal will be the same as spdif optical out that the O already has right?
Fantom G8
Fantom G7
przemm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Anukis,

It is very easy - you can do it in a 15 minutes. No need to reinstall you system. You will be able to route 8 channels of audio through the ADAT - you can also assign one the 4 pairs for the sum as on outputs. Please check if you Oasys doesn't need modification to synchronize clocks - low serial numbers have to be sent to Korg (search the forum for this). Mine unfortunately was supposed to but I have decided to use analog outs - too much fuss and risk in transport. Get the manual before installing.
Rocness

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the board with the a-dat if so where can i find one.

Thanks
Anukis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies people. I bought one brand new from Australia for $40USD in a box. So couldn't resist. I use the spdif optical outputs as my main mix output so maybe with this I can do the same?
Thanks
Fantom G8
Fantom G7
t_tangent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can also use the spdif as main out and use the ADAT outs as individual outs for a specific track. Or you can assign a couple of the ADAT outs as main outs instead. Go to Global mode then click on Basic tab, then Audio tab. In top right hand corner there is Audio Output section with LR Bus Indiv. Assign. Here you can assign whether you want SPDIF or other ADAT channels to be the main Outputs.

I also use the SPDIF as main outs, and then for example in Combi mode when I want to send an individual track to some other hardware fx unit etc I will use the ADAT outs. This can be done in Combi Mode, IFX tab, then either Routing Tab Bus Select(IFX/Indiv.Out assign) section, or also Insert FX tab and clicking on Bus Sel. column. Its a bit fiddly as you have to check the routing of the particular track you want to assign and then follow that track to the IFX routings and then decide where you want the signal to go out to the ADAT out.

I hope that makes sense and is easy enough to follow, but perhaps some others here have a better way to explain. Rolling Eyes
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: EXB-DI install Reply with quote

Anukis wrote:
Anyone know how hard this is to do by yourself? I can'tfind manual at Korg.com. Do I need to reinstall entire OS software?
The ADat out signal will be the same as spdif optical out that the O already has right?

See:

Parameter Guide pp. 1089-1092: "EXB-DI option board, additional memory, & calendar battery"

Parameter Guide p. 707: "L/R Bus Indiv. Assign"

(Page numbers from latest PDF version, E5)
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could anyone from Korg explain the issue mentioned here where early OASYS need to be sent to the distributor to have the digital board installed? From what serial number?

Like for some others here, there is no Korg distributer in my country and I would not like to send it abroad. Hence if I wished to have digital board installed, could I get the full instructions from Korg and have a reputable service engineer do it? For example in Ireland there's a company called NJM who service the most professional equipment there is and could easily do it with adequate instructions.

thanks,
Kevin.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
Could anyone from Korg explain the issue mentioned here where early OASYS need to be sent to the distributor to have the digital board installed? From what serial number?
Like for some others here, there is no Korg distributer in my country and I would not like to send it abroad.

The Korg distributor for both the UK and the ROI is Korg UK. That said, of course there is no need to send anything to a distributor per se; rather, if work is necessary, the unit needs to be sent to an authorized service center. This is always the case, as far as I know.

The EXB-DI board itself is user-installable, as described in the manual pages referenced above. For a certain early range of serial numbers, additional work may need to be done elsewhere in the instrument for compatibility with the EXB-DI. Ask your Korg Distributor for details.

Best regards,

Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:

Read this thread:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17580&highlight=exbdi
Rocness

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Does anybody know where I can find the EXB for Oasys?
Is the Oasys adat EXB the same one for triton ?

Is there also a firewire exb?

The way I work now I see that Adat is better for me Thanks.
t_tangent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure where you can get an EXB/DI board but they do come up on ebay from time to time. But as far as I know it is the same board as the one for Triton.

I dont think there is a firewire EXB board.

Hope this helps Smile
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan and Martin -

Thanks a million for the pointers - really appreciated.

Rocness - I believe the digital board is now discontinued but as mentioned they come up quite a lot on ebay. I have a search set up for them and typically one will appear every week or two. Unfortunately they are very expensive - well over $100. But check regularly on ebay and you should come across one.

Kevin
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
Unfortunately they are very expensive - well over $100. But check regularly on ebay and you should come across one.

Kevin

Just FYI, the EXB-DI option (originally developed for the Triton Rack and Triton Studio) sold for $160 when it was still being manufactured.
geox

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have a Korg TR (Trinity rack).

I was wondering whether the EXB-DI is the same as the DI-TRI I/F board. From some pics I have seen, seem to be identical.

Since the Trinity has long been discontinued and this expansion board is impossible to find, I was hoping for compatibility...

Regards
Anukis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there posted the same question just yesterday on trinity forums page. According to uktechsupport(member) it is not possible.
Good luck. I'm dissappointed as well.
Fantom G8
Fantom G7
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: