Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M3 and korg microX overlap?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drvenom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: M3 and korg microX overlap? Reply with quote

Is there much overlap between the Korg microX and the M3? I already have an M3. However, I have seen some online vidz of the combis in the microx and they sound nice. The closest store to me does not have a floor model so I can't try it.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The microX is a cut down version of the triton line.
The M3 is a flagship of the next-generation workstation line from KORG.
so the M3 has all the features of a fully fledged workstation, whilst the microX is like a budget workstation without a sequencer mode...

They are not even worth comparison.
However, if you are interested in just the presets... there will be presets from the triton line on the microX that you won't get on your M3. The tritons seem to have a darker slightly more lo-fi sound than the new M series, which are supposed to be ultra-real Hi-Fi quality. so there are some differences in the sounds and the overall sound quality.

I'm assuming you know about the M50 compared to the M3, well the microX would be the next step down from the M50 when compared to the triton line.

it has:
-only 1 IFX, and 2 MFX
-no sequencer,
-no sampling,
-only four program banks and three combi banks
-budget construction quality
-no aftertouch
+dual polyphonic arpeggiators
+triton range's full default ROM, plus some extra samples in extended ROM
+comes with different presets to your M3
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
drvenom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I am more concerned with the presets. I figured that if the microx has completely different combis, buying it would be like buying a set of new combis and patches for about $350 (used). I don't mind that the presets and combis don't sound as good as those in the M3, as long as the combis are well done and fun to play with.

I don't enjoy the process of making patches myself. I prefer to use my free time composing pieces and making arrangements. This is just what I enjoy doing, and the reason why I'm so interested in patches. I don't mind making small tweaks here and there but I don't want to spend my free time building a patch or a combi from scratch. I just don't enjoy that process. As a matter of fact, I am planning to sell my Radias for that reason.
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: M3 and korg microX overlap? Reply with quote

drvenom wrote:
Is there much overlap between the Korg microX and the M3? The closest store to me does not have a floor model so I can't try it.

The Micro X has been discontinued so I wouldn't expect to see it in stores. If you do, it should likely be reduced in price.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: