Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need some VIDEO and AUDIO help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjp_24

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: I need some VIDEO and AUDIO help. Reply with quote

Ive done this before to put some tunes on my YouTube but since there I had to rebuild my PC, new hardware and OS and such and have forgotten how I did it.

Ok, I have PowerDirector 7, my KTE that goes though my PC. I have my video camera connected via firewire to my PC. I can record video, using video mode. I can record audio using its audio mode but I cant seem to be able to record video and at the same time record the audio track from the LINEIN. I just cannot see a way to do it. If I record it all with the video camera you get the audio that the camera picks up and that is pants.

Is there any other software that I can get that I can overlay the sound to the video (as I can record both of these together using different programs producting an MPG and a WAV) and be able to overlay them with accuracy so they sync up, fine tune it if you like....

Much appriciated for your answers.

Thanks
CJ
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: I need some VIDEO and AUDIO help. Reply with quote

cjp_24 wrote:
Ive done this before to put some tunes on my YouTube but since there I had to rebuild my PC, new hardware and OS and such and have forgotten how I did it.

Ok, I have PowerDirector 7, my KTE that goes though my PC. I have my video camera connected via firewire to my PC. I can record video, using video mode. I can record audio using its audio mode but I cant seem to be able to record video and at the same time record the audio track from the LINEIN. I just cannot see a way to do it. If I record it all with the video camera you get the audio that the camera picks up and that is pants.

Is there any other software that I can get that I can overlay the sound to the video (as I can record both of these together using different programs producting an MPG and a WAV) and be able to overlay them with accuracy so they sync up, fine tune it if you like....

Much appriciated for your answers.

Thanks
CJ

Nowadays, any software that supports video, supports audio as well. Adobe, pro tools ,nuendo....etc, and yes, you can sync them up.

marcus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should set your video camera to record direct to it's own media and record your audio as you normally would to your software. You will be video'ng yourself as you record audio!

When you are finished, save your audio, then render your audio to a wave file, prefferably to an identifiable project folder that you can navigate back to.

Take the video and upload it to your computer's hard drive.
Go ahead and save it to the same project file you saved the wave file to.

Now open your video editing software and import the video file as well as the audio wave file from project folder.

When your video file opens it will, as you probably already know, will place the video part to one track and the audio portion to the track below it.

Go ahead and load your wave file too, as it should take it's place in track 3.

Now "Mute" the audio track of your video file; track 2

Now hopefully you can "Sync" your music track to your video track to obtain the full audio effect. You may have to play with it, but once you have it lined up in perfect sync, don't forget to "lock" the video and audio events to keep them in place.

Note: Before you start recording your project, do a sound check to the video and give an 8 beat clap and when you start lining up your audio to video this will help you sync the two tracks quicker. It's easier than trying to sync your vocal to video.?...or is that lip-syncing?!?!......

Hope this helps!

Good Luck

"Emmaus Street"...[would you have recognized him?]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: