Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

kp4 - Fantasy Features

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rafe127

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: kp4 - Fantasy Features Reply with quote

Hi y'all, sorry if this has been covered somewhere before now. I have just been thinking about what I would want in the ideal Kaoss Pad.

For me it would be way less focused on effects and much more focused on sampling features. I also kind of wish it were multi-touch, like the jazz mutant lemur (or the iPhone).

I just saw this video:

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2009/08/25/ableton-live/

...and the "Buffer Shuffler" is exactly what I have been looking for in a hardware device. It would be awesome if the new kp4 could do something like that.
nofi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. longer sample times (espcially off of a memory card)
2. ability to read and organize file names
3. apply specific effects to specific sample banks
4. more sample banks
5. built in microphone
6. sex hole, i love my kaoss pads so much sometimes i want to make sweet love to them.
rafe127

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am unconvinced about the sex-hole Smile
...but as far as sampling features...

I want:
The ability to "mute" parts of the sample rather than just "skip" them which would therefore provide the ability to alter the sounds without changing the length of the sample overall.
Hyper5nic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to look into the VST-plugin Glitch from dB Blue and FL Studio's Granulizer. Both of these go a long way as far as sample manipulation goes. When a rhytmic sample is (automatically) chopped up, you can even manipulate the chops as if they're separate notes.

As far as i can tell, there won't be a KP4 or something like it for some time to come. That just leaves us with our current instrument and creativity.

If it would be possible, i'd like to use the KaossPad both as a MIDI-controller and a sample-player / mangler or FX-unit. Wink

Past: Kaoss Pad 3, Roland SH-101, Korg X5, MS-20 usb-controller, Korg Electribe EA-1, Casio HT-700

The best is yet to come.
starving student

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you manipulate the sample as if it's individual notes in Glitch, I thought it was just an effect?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: