Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Motif M3-ES7 ! Anyone selling M3-73's KEYBED ???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
digitop

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Korg Motif M3-ES7 ! Anyone selling M3-73's KEYBED ??? Reply with quote

I'm using motif's keys for M3 and am looking for the original M3 keys ( 73 or 88 ). I Need a KEYBED that comes with hookups for both modules (M3 and Radias) and also the two 9-pin mini DIN cables. I'm in Toronto, Canada. Can deal locally or via eBay/PayPal. Thanks.

Last edited by digitop on Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:41 am; edited 7 times in total
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a Z1 on the right???
digitop

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes BasariStudios, you are correct, that's a Z1. I replaced my Triton Studio 76 with this motif you see because I had two Triton racks but I'm not that happy with Motif's feel and touch. I didn't get the M3's keybed because it looked so cheap and plasticy. I don't know why Korg gave up the quality keys such as those used in Trinity, Z1, Triton, etc. and used this cheap IKEA style keys for the M3.

Anyhow, I have no choice but to get one of these KYBD73 keys because you sacrifice some of the functionalities of the M3 if you use MIDI instead of its original 9-pin mini DIN cables. ie: the ribbon control or arps sent by the controller doesn't work properly when you use MIDI. If you remember, the JP-8080 had MIDI IN and also a REMOTE KEYBOARD jack and both were regullar 5-pin MIDI jacks. I couldn't find a 5-pin to 9-pin male cable to resolve this issue Sad Anyone have any suggestion ?
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

digitop wrote:
I didn't get the M3's keybed because it looked so cheap and plasticy. I don't know why Korg gave up the quality keys such as those used in Trinity, Z1, Triton, etc. and used this cheap IKEA style keys for the M3.

Korg used to buy keybeds for its higher end products from Yamaha(Yamaha FS synth action), but Korg now produces all of their own keybeds.

Regarding the M3 keybeds, most people would disagree with your assessment. The keys on the M3 61 and 73 are great, and not cheap at all.
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:
Regarding the M3 keybeds, most people would disagree with your assessment. The keys on the M3 61 and 73 are great, and not cheap at all.

Exactly. The keybed on my M3 is way better than the Triton's.

Cool
digitop

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's least likely that korg supply gears of different quality in different countries. What I saw and tried in my local store was terrible. the metal body, joystick, wood part, they all were great, just the black and white keys were disaster.

Korg's promotion here in Canada didn't make sense to me either. The M3-M module was priced around CAN$2600 while the M3-61 was selling for around CAN$1600. Any comment on this? Module pluse the keybed was selling $1000 less than the module alone ! Here is the link, check it yourself: http://www.lamusic.ca/SearchResults.asp?Search=korg+m3

Keep in mind the M3-61 is now around $2300, still $300 cheaper than the M3-M module which is still about $2600.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synthoid wrote:
The keybed on my M3 is way better than the Triton's.

Cool

I'd say that's definitely subjective because my Triton Pro's keybed feels much better than the M3-73's to me. Don't get me wrong, the M3 would be the 2nd best keybed I've ever played, but it's second to the Triton's.

Now if you're talking the Triton LE, yah, hands down.

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

digitop, that's a great setup....

I also have Korg Z1, M3-m and Fantom-G. I used to have Motif XS, but I decided not to keep it.

I personally like M3 keybed more than Trition... Trition/Z1 keybed is too noisy on the way up.... It feels springy... I think the Triton and Motif ES have the same keybed. Don't they?

I would buy the M3 with keybed, then keep M3-m and sell the keybed on ebay for a lot of $$$.
orpheus2006
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to post your request at the KARMA-Lab forum, too. Stephen just created a "Buy, Sell, Exchange" Section for M3 components.

http://www.karma-lab.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=245
antret

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: digitop ... I like your set up there. I have a question..... Reply with quote

How did you mount the M3m and the radias like that? That's exactly what I have been looking to do, yet can't figure out how to do it. Smile I suppose I'm not that clever.......
mbah4000

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Selling M3 88 controller *detroit* Reply with quote

Hey there I hope you see this since you posted this last year,

If your still looking for a 88 M3/Radias controller I am selling mine w/ a Hard Case included for $1,000

If your intrested let me know and also if you don't want to pay the shipping costs Im located in Detroit which is about 4 hours away from Toronto if you want to meet somwhere in between I have no problem driving half way to meet up.

Let me know

cj7087@wayne.edu
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Selling M3 88 controller *detroit* Reply with quote

mbah4000 wrote:
Hey there I hope you see this since you posted this last year,

If your still looking for a 88 M3/Radias controller I am selling mine w/ a Hard Case included for $1,000

If your intrested let me know and also if you don't want to pay the shipping costs Im located in Detroit which is about 4 hours away from Toronto if you want to meet somwhere in between I have no problem driving half way to meet up.

Let me know

cj7087@wayne.edu

lol try 2 years ago.

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: