Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

where can I download m3 presets?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jugo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: where can I download m3 presets? Reply with quote

Hello, Where could I download the pcg with the presets of the m3, I want to try to use it on my m50.. Is there anywhere where I could download the pcg ?
djfilippo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: where can I download m3 presets? Reply with quote

http://www.supportimusicali.it/forum/forum.asp?sl=2&r=1[url][/url]
Jugo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Understood nothing in the link you sent me :/ care to explain? or just send me a direct link to the pcg ?
Jugo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone? c'mon!
kid_nepro_2002
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the m3's factory factory sounds can be reloaded via global mode, I don't think Korg has a download for "just" the sounds. You have to download the complete OS and install that. I just had a look at:

http://www.korg.com/SupportResults.aspx?search=m3

If you click on downloads you will see what's available.

Maybe someone at the Karma Lab forum might have uploaded if you want to have a look over there too.

http://www.karma-lab.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=211

Proton Cool
www.kidnepro.com
Jugo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the updates are all for m3xpanded.. and in other formats.. I just need a pcg file that's all.. maybe someone could make it and upload it here please Laughing
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the full download is on Korg's site:

Support, M3, Downloads, FIRST download:

"Producer Preset Data
PRODUCER.PCG contains a re-ordered version of the standard factory Programs. When shipped from the factory, the sounds are presented in a mixed order, so that moving through Programs might call up a piano first, then a pad, then a drum kit, and so on. This factory preset order is stored on the M3 system data as the Preload PCG data.

In the PRODUCER.PCG file, on the other hand, these same sounds are grouped by category. As you move through the Programs, you'll find that all of the pianos are together, all of the pads are together, and so on. This lets you step through similar sounds by pressing INC and DEC, without using the Category window.

Note: When PRODUCER.PCG is loaded, the factory demo songs, Preset Template Songs, and any user Combination or Song data created with the Program data from Preload PCG will not sound properly."
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jugo,

Jugo wrote:
Hello, Where could I download the pcg with the presets of the m3, I want to try to use it on my m50.. Is there anywhere where I could download the pcg ?

As far as I know, the preloaded Korg Multisamples and the Factory Programs and Combis that use them are identical on the M3 and M50. So even if it was possible to create a .PCG file from the M3 with the factory Programs and Combis and Multisamples (which it isn't) then as an M50 owner you would gain nothing by loading it.

Maybe your request arises because the M3 has 64 Mb sample RAM as standard, and can be fitted with EXB-Radias and an extra EXB-M256 sample RAM, and there are many extra Programs and Combis (and the three Korg sound expansion EXPCM Multisample sets) that make use of them. It's just not possible to use these Programs and Combis and Multisamples on the M50 because the hardware and/or sample RAM is not part of the M50 product. Nor is it possible for any M3 owner to convert the encrypted EXPCM**.KEP Multisample sounds into any other format, due to encryption that only Korg know how to unlock.

Regards,
Rob
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

The M3 has a LOT more presets than the M50. There are quite a few on my M3 that I loaded onto my M50 because they weren't there. As an M50 owner, it's worth having the M3 preload data.

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's mine:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0jjiemzjt4m/CURRENT.PCG

enjoy
tlong

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Jack.

I'll go and have a listen.

Tony Long
http://www.tonylongmusic.co.uk/
korgboss1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pleaseee can anyone tell me where can i get some other electric pianos i have that vintage pack there have somthing good but not at all i need for somthing like DX Ep old legendary hits Electric Pianos
korgboss1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

piano sound from ROM board ....why some notes have very different sound in high octave and low the piano is very good but those notes corrupt all piano and i can't play silent and happyer Sad why korg dosent create all notes to sound equally but like some sample record ,this problem is and in other voices too ...electric pianos sound very diferent on notes i had a tritone extreme but i didnt have problem from this nature ...can somebody please explain these thanx
korgboss1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i need to sell my M3 and to buy Roland Fantom G6 I regret that but my opinion is that Korg M3 is just for solo, techno music electronic music for nothing else ...very bad for Korg company we spend a lot of money and know i am very very depressed Sad cao
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

korgboss1 wrote:
piano sound from ROM board ....why some notes have very different sound in high octave and low the piano is very good but those notes corrupt all piano and i can't play silent and happyer Sad why korg dosent create all notes to sound equally but like some sample record ,this problem is and in other voices too ...electric pianos sound very diferent on notes i had a tritone extreme but i didnt have problem from this nature ...can somebody please explain these thanx

I'm a little confused by what you mean by this... maybe you need to use a different velocity curve? or adjust the keyboard tracking so you get a more uniform velocity from all the keys. I don't get that it's a multisample issue... just the program needs some tweaking. good luck to you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: