Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Laptop for gigging!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
glynbob

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Laptop for gigging! Reply with quote

Hi
I've been looking out for a laptop for gigging with my M50, as I'll be playing most of my music from my laptop I'll need a pretty decent, reliable one. I know MacBooks are the dogs bollocks but im not willing to pay over a grand for one!
I've noticed the new Sony Vaio VPC-CW1S1E. I can get it online for £700 with 2.53ghz, 4gb ram and 500gb hdd. Does anyone think this would be suitable and reliable at a gig. Does anyone have this machine? I'd love to know what it's like
Many Thanks
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I certainly don't think that about Mac books or any PC for that matter. For the most part they are all built the same. Buying a SONY won't get you better quality either, your just paying for the name.

I have 2 sony viao laptops, the shift key is dead on one, and the second has an inch wide of dead pixels running the length of the screen. I'm also super careful with my equipment too.

I don't need to get them fixed because they are now just used on a network for CPU power and rendering 3D images, but just goes to show. Two very expensive VIAO's didn't last.

Same goes for Mac books. 5 Guys in our camera club have them and 2 of the guys have had nothing but trouble with them. One of which overheated and completly died, the other has been sent away a number of times and keeps comming back with some sort of graphics card problem which displays odd artifacts on the screen.

Just bought myself a new Acer and won't be spending any serious mony on a laptop ever again. They are all much the same to me.

Regards
Sharp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Audio / Visual All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: