Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help saving realtime controls PLEASEE!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amystika

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Need help saving realtime controls PLEASEE! Reply with quote

So I just acquired my korg m50 for christmas, and it has already become my favorite board.

Anyways, my question is... when I am editing my patches and saving them, its not saving my edits to the real time controls, can anyone please tell me how I do this?

Thank you very much!
runeharpun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's possible. It seems like all controls (including all CC values) are reset when the combis are saved. It would open up new options if one could make an exact snapshot of the values.

R
Synastikki

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately only way to save these changes is to check what each knob is doing and going to the menus and changing the parameters the same way they change when you tweak a knob (for example if you are tweaking the cutoff knob you must go to the menus and change the cutoff to match the position of the knob...)
Amystika

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: asdf Reply with quote

So than basically, the realtime knobs are just a realtime way to tweak the internal sound of the patch?

Therefore, I can get the sound that I had by tweaking the realtime, by going further into the patch and editing?
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, in Program mode the realtime knobs are just temporary overrides for parameters or groups of parameters in the program (for mode A).

for the assignables, they can be routed to any number of controls which may be routed to actual parameters via AMS, or affecting a parameter or group of parameters like the A mode - e.g. cutoff, release, resonance, etc.

The program edit pages contain the entire program settings, so there isn't anything missed out - that covers everything. the realtime knobs are just a few assignments to select parameters or acting as modulation sources in there.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro

Last edited by X-Trade on Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
outsider9

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible to save those tweaks on SEQ mode, maybe enabling 'Sysex' on the save menu could be needed (not sure). You have to record tweaks in SEQ mode and that information (program settings, CC events, etc.) is saved on the SEQ file. Pretty sure it works that way.
Synastikki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knob movements are saved in the sequencer mode but you must be recording the sequence so that the knob movements are saved...
kikedeolivos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re this issue, I would like to ask a question.

I've made a Combi, with 2 timbres. One of these plays in the upper octave (Mono Synth) and I would like the Joystick to act raising / decreasing (X-Y) a full octave, instead of 3 semitones: how can I achieve that?

Thanks

Korg M50 / Korg Nanokontrol 2

Past gear

Teisco Organ / Yamaha Electone / Casio CZ-230S / Casio CZ-3000 / Ensoniq ESQ 1 / Ensoniq SQ1 / Ensoniq SQ1 Plus / Ensoniq SD-1 /Yamaha PSR? / Hammond XM-1 / Roland RS9 / H&K Rotosphere / Yamaha S80 / Korg X5 / Kurzweil ME-1 / Korg X5D / Korg CX-3 (V2) / Hammond M111 & Leslie 147

Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/bubusdeolivos?feature=results_main
Synastikki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the X-direction of the joystick is pretty easy to calibrate to +/- 1 octave... on the pitch page you can find dedicated values for this... but for Y-directions I'm not sure if it is possible to get both increase and decrease, but for one or the other is is the same page as the X-settings, but you'll have to use the AMS tab for this and put source JS +Y or JS -Y and value +12.00 or -12.00 (I'm a triton user but it should be pretty similar on M50)
kikedeolivos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synastikki wrote:
well the X-direction of the joystick is pretty easy to calibrate to +/- 1 octave... on the pitch page you can find dedicated values for this... but for Y-directions I'm not sure if it is possible to get both increase and decrease, but for one or the other is is the same page as the X-settings, but you'll have to use the AMS tab for this and put source JS +Y or JS -Y and value +12.00 or -12.00 (I'm a triton user but it should be pretty similar on M50)

I want this behavior in only one Combi, meaning, I don't want it to be Global:is That Pitch Page you are talking about on Page Select?

Thanks

Past gear

Teisco Organ / Yamaha Electone / Casio CZ-230S / Casio CZ-3000 / Ensoniq ESQ 1 / Ensoniq SQ1 / Ensoniq SQ1 Plus / Ensoniq SD-1 /Yamaha PSR? / Hammond XM-1 / Roland RS9 / H&K Rotosphere / Yamaha S80 / Korg X5 / Kurzweil ME-1 / Korg X5D / Korg CX-3 (V2) / Hammond M111 & Leslie 147

Youtube channel

Synastikki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well on triton you can change the bend range on combi, Track parameters, pitch-tab.... not sure how it is on M50 though...
kikedeolivos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synastikki wrote:
Well on triton you can change the bend range on combi, Track parameters, pitch-tab.... not sure how it is on M50 though...

Found it: thanks.

Past gear

Youtube channel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: