Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

microsampler? no thanks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ix studio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the microsampler is just so limited in ways it shouldnt be.Its like korg are living in the past but even amanging to leave out what was good about gear back then ! it has no adsr , its just a hashup , everything fixed so much , they are just porting code from various products together - yeah the kaoss pad is superb , i can fault that for the money but this could have been amazing but it isnt.They are cutting to many corners and leaving out the odvious and have a one track brain these developers , they wont create a broad creative device as it limits future sales , i just think this is so predictable and depressing, why cant they offer decent memory , user upgradable , some proper additive synthesis features - 2 x lfo , filters , adsr , i dont know , is it all about doing cheap £400 gadgets now and selling millions........korg lost me alongtime ago and when i saw this i though wow . . . now thats inventive and then i realised it isnt , its a gimmick
softroom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately man, nobody is forcing you to buy one. Or even consider one. Or waste your valuable time posting on a Korg forum about how you don't want one. Me, I'll somehow carry on making music with mine.
lloydsmith

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any user experience or is this a tech sheet observation?

Of course there are some annoying limitations - I would like to have seen ADSR & a better looper - but there are workarounds to some of these issues. Realistically I don't see an OS update happening for a long while but then hopefully some of these things will be fixed/refined. Others will never materialise, however if the MS is a success maybe others will come to market.

Right now personally I'm having a blast with it. The MS works very well with my DAW. What editing I can't do in the Librarian I can do in Cubase - and re-import clips to trigger via the MS. It's a lot more fun than loading my Emu X3 sampler, and this immediacy has helped creativity & workflow no end.

The bottom line is - at the moment - no other sampler offers this particular featureset in a portable unit.

If you are a musician you either get the best out of what it CAN do - or find another instrument to better express yourself with. Your call.
3sleeves

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said, lloydsmith. The gear is only as useful as the user allows it to be.

@ix studio: It sounds like maybe you're looking for an entirely different machine and are blaming Korg for not making the MS into that machine for you. True, future sales are always going to be high priority for any company, especially ones that make technology. That doesn't mean a portable sampling keyboard is a horrible product just because it's not a synthesizer and dynamic FX controller as well. I think Korg has been catering to niche markets rather well, especially musicians and producers on a budget who need portable gear for gigs and studio use.

I've been satisfied with my MS and have recommended it to associates looking for a fun and easy-to-use sampler. It has integrated into my studio setup quite nicely and has definitely increased my sampling efficiency.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: