Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribulator - Software to enhance sounds of electribe EMX
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wax78

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruso wrote:
Just letting you know that your site runs as secure and your certificate is not trusted so for most users it shows a warning saying that the site isn't secure and also on some more secure configurations will block you from going to it all together.

Ruso : Yes i know for that certificate issue, but it depends if you use the HTTP or the HTTPS url. (I know some link will point people on the https and give that annyoing message).

Rikiki.ians.be is my host (written in the certificate) so you can trust this certificate, trust me.

So for those who think there something wrong with that ssl certificate, don't pay attention to it and accept i will not destroy your computer nor do anything ...

SO after that little technical issue, nobody would give me some presets ?!
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry dude I didn't mean to stir up the pot....

To clear up anyones confusion and fears: SSL means "Secure Website".... the way I think it works is that a website has to register some place and obtain a certificate from that place that says that this website is secure....

Now this is usually improtant for places like bank websites and like paypal or something like that where you share sensitive information. In this case however you are not so IT IS NOT DANGEROUS in ANY WAY for you.

http://myspace.com/audioruso
wax78

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No prob you don't have to be sorry and thank you Russo, your explanation is very good.
I think i can add that theses certificates are out of price and nobody except huge money maker will bought these, not my case badly Wink

Have a good sunday
wax78

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least, I've finished the first version of the manual for the software.

Every section (except one) are now filled with little explanation about all different modules.

Link : http://renaud.warnotte.be/index.php/fr/projets/electribulator/102-electribulator-manual

A little video of me testing version 0.1.2 with a "big and long modulation over time"

Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4T6PhnENVI

Hope U'll love.

Have good Xmas.

ps : i'm always searching desesperatly some presets please Embarassed
mrbeats

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Wax this is cool.
Bit of an odd question to ask you but as you have been messing around with the EMX is there anyway you could create an application that would enable me to load my own samples onto the machines chip?
I am positive people would pay you for such a thing.
All the best.
wax78

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give a "yes" because it's xmas but ... I'm sure i can't do that sorry ;(

And i think nobody could, theses samples are in ROM i think. And of course you can't write inside Read Only Memory.
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrbeats wrote:
Hey Wax this is cool.
Bit of an odd question to ask you but as you have been messing around with the EMX is there anyway you could create an application that would enable me to load my own samples onto the machines chip?
I am positive people would pay you for such a thing.
All the best.

Try not happening.... I am guessing the samples are written into a separate part of the machine in the ROM as a different piece then the OS. Even if it was in the same piece as the OS (ie every time you download an OS update you download the samples too)..... it's a BLOB of machine code crossed with data.

Although the electribes use a particular Microcontroller (a couple actually)... and in theory you can probably figure out a way to disassemble it.... you are still stick with a blob of assembler which is not x86 (so not only would it require a specialized assembler, there is also no way to REassemble it)....

I would also guess that korg's software update function is NOT the same function that the microcontroller natively used to get the original piece of code loaded into it..... (I would assume the electribe's OS is in two pieces... one that's a sort of a loader and the other one which is a dynamic block which can be updated)....

To access the ORIGINAL native transfer method you would have to open the machine and solder into the chip.

Now that's cool except, even if you do manage to do this and put some compiled working code on it.... you still have no source code for the OS to make th emachine work properly..... The only thing you can do at this point is start from scratch and write the whole OS... but first you would have to figure out how each part of the machine communicates with each other....

I mean if you could somehow figure out how to tear apart the binary os file it could happen but it's entirely too unrealistic especially for one person to do that.... it would require the full knowledge of the particular platform.

http://myspace.com/audioruso
harvestein

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering how many people have got this up and running? and how is it?

I think ill give it a shot over the next few days, does it require much CPU power as my PC is a piece of junk. Very Happy

i think its great that someone has developed an app like this and shared it with the community, very much appreciated indeed!

thanks
wax78

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want to know the amount of user too Smile

It's free of course, "creation have no price". (unless a $$$ case come to my bank account to buy the project Wink

It doest require very few amount of cpu. And of course it's multithreaded. On my core2 duo i never obtains more than 10 % of cpu usage on a single core.

What i'd appreciate, is more return from users (i ve had 3 perhaps in one year for non existing features ...) and some presets made by the user to share with other users.
stealthgear

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried this on my mac. 1.0 works, anything past did not launch for me.
Also, I think my electribe is getting overloaded with midi messages and is not playing. Maybe there is a loop with my interface? I'll play around with it some more. So far it looks really cool and useful. I will try harder tomarrow. I can see the knobs moving on the screen and was able to trigger some sound so thats good Smile

Can the electribe receive midi notes and record multiple parts while the pattern is playing?
wax78

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before 0.1.0 there were compatibility issues within code that were normally fixed.

So I assume (hope that not only 0.1.0 work on mac) that the latest version were working too (0.1.1 or 0.1.2).

Of course there's a huge amount of midi messages (due to multiple VCA) but with it should normally work. (there can happen that some message are lost, so i put some delays around but sometimes message can be lost ... it has to be know). What are your 'links' schema for midi connection ?

Just try to put only a INPUT on the EMX and no outpout or other things to be sure there's not a loop somewhere and avoid to use electribe has the remote control (3rd dialog of midi configuration), also avoid using electribe's keyboard as midi input for electribulator (I know it can work, but if badly configured it won't work).

The electribe should be on STOP mode in any case. (refering to "not playing").

For the last question it think that if you can record with midi input of the electribe, there could be a way but not sure electribe can do that.

Don't hesitate if you got more question.

One correct midi link :

MIDI KEYBOARD --> PC IN --> (electribulator) --> PC OUT ---> ELECTRIBE

midi keyboard or another thing that generate notes like a sequencer ...
wax78

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re to everyone, some more news...

I've just released latest beta version of the software. I go directly to Version 0.1.8. (Or use automatic update).

This version contains of course bugfixes, specially a huge memory leak (yes yes in java it can happens Smile

Addition to that there the new panel to set the DRUM PART of the EMX.

Arp has been improved too.

Code:
A little changle log :

- Improvement of VCA Editor (bigger GUI aivalable).
- Minor bugfixes in the gui.
- Bug fixes for memory leak when reload presets multiple times ...
- Presets system for DRUM.
- Way to disable automatic note dispatching. (A new checkbox). If option is not selected, the programm will resent notes on 5 channel and resent on the 5 channel. (To have a monopohonic beahviour, but with VCA and VCO).
- Display the location of the current note played by an ARP.
- Load/Save arpegiators.
- Addition of factory presets (with a very good exemple of using multiple VCA with huge time).

I'm still open to all suggestion or bugreports. And of course still waiting for some of your presets to share with the next version of the software (None has been send to me until now Sad.

Or if you make something with the software (music, or video or stg) plz share it with me to see what you can do with it. I'd be very happy and it should be a good gift for my birthday (5 february Wink.

Have fun.
wax78

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

for thoses still interested with the project, here is the latest version :

http://renaud.warnotte.be/Projects/Electribulator/downloads/Wax_Electribulator_v_0_2_0.rar

Still hopping your comments ...
reddone

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man ... i just read thr specs of this and cant wait to try this !!
Awesome that you made this , and it show korg up as lazy fuckers once again .. they could make full on mx software but they dont care .... obviously you do . Huge thumbs up !!

Your the man Shocked

How do i get the software to run though ??
reddone

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok got it running now , just about to hook up the mx .. but f*ck i am so impressed at what you have done i have to say its the best music tool ive seen in years .. and a big 2 fingers upto korg !!

cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: