Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UPDATE PETITION/PESTERING

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: UPDATE PETITION/PESTERING Reply with quote

right, this update that so many of us want doesnt seem to be happening any time soon...even some acknowledgement that our points have been taken note of and an update is in the pipeline would be hopeful, but nothing.

does anyone have the KORG contact emails for tech support and customer services?

if someone can put them in a reply to this thread, lets all email individually over the next couple of days and raise all the points that have been made on this forum....hopefully they'll take notice and at least give us some time of timeframe/info on an update.....
lloydsmith

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not got info for you but I have to agree & silence is not the best way to reward customer loyalty.
softroom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are phone numbers, certainly here in the UK, where you can ring and talk to someone technical and request new features or changes to the existing feature set. A quick scan of a magazine or two should do it or even the website for your country. I've spoken to them myself about things I think could have been done better or differently but the more voices speak up the more chances of Japan doing something.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: UPDATE PETITION/PESTERING Reply with quote

beatifictatter wrote:
right, this update that so many of us want doesnt seem to be happening any time soon...even some acknowledgement that our points have been taken note of and an update is in the pipeline would be hopeful, but nothing.

I would suggest patience. The microSampler has only been available since November 2009, only three months.

If there are bugs and feature requests I am sure Korg Japan is working on them.

beatifictatter wrote:
does anyone have the KORG contact emails for tech support and customer services?

http://www.korg.com/contactus.aspx
mikemolloyuk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Would anyone care to list what they feel needs improving on so we can check them for you..?

Thanks

Mike
Korg UK Support
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey mark, good to hear someone from korg taking an interest at last!

there's already a long list of requests in the forum here:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=46676&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

some admittedly a little optimisitic, but many seemingly easy to fix with an update....

if for some reason you want people to write them again here, in a more refined way, let us know....
mikemolloyuk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi beatifictatter

Thanks for the link. That is about as comprehensive a list as we would need. It's always nice to hear what people are requesting as features or changes to a product.

Product design is sometimes difficult to get 100% right with something like this as there are many ways of using it. It is only when you get a lot of users in as many situations of use that you start to hear what people would like to have had on it from the start.

Please feel free to continue to make suggestions.

Best

Mike
FranzK

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: I wish that MicroSampler was more like the Electribe, Kaoss Reply with quote

I wish that MicroSampler was more like the Electribe, Kaoss

uktechsupport wrote:
Hi beatifictatter
Product design is sometimes difficult to get 100% right with something like this as there are many ways of using it. It is only when you get a lot of users in as many situations of use that you start to hear what people would like to have had on it from the start.

Please feel free to continue to make suggestions.

OK! I have some good ones for you

I'm a constant user of the Electribe and Kaos series ( I have 5 of each! )
I have literally hundreds of hours of experience using them on stage
(I would love to consult for KORG in the groovebox AND VJ markets!)

see videos, such as these -
http://www.youtube.com/vjfranzk#p/u/151/FBGvopXd2n4
http://www.youtube.com/vjfranzk#p/u/3/qc5zuowBLqY

The problem with the microsampler is that it has "menu disease"*
= too many functions on too few physical controls - ie -
using the piano keys and then turning the same two dials
while squinting at the small screen with digital clock letters
(The ESX pixel based screen was best)
*Roland and even (somewhat) Akai products have this type of menu problem,
which is why I own mostly KORGs Wink **

-----------------------

anyway, back to the MicroSampler at hand -

I've used it at live jam shows 3 times so far,
and I always got confused what was I was editing while on stage.
While I'm playing the keys, it's too confusing to ALSO use them for menu commands,
and without enough dedicated dials, I kept fumbling with what I was parameter I was currently editing.

Also, without beat quantization on the INPUT, (see my other post)
I hit some loops slightly off beat, which didn't help!
[THAT could definitely be fixed by a firmware update]
Luckily we had other machines to use on stage...

The best machines that KORG has made are
1. Electribe ESX and 2. Kaoss Pad III.
These are shining examples of power with great usability**

(I also do like my Kaoss Entrancer quite a bit for VJ work!)

The CONCEPT of MicroSampler ( a simple, intuitive sampler) is a great one,
though the execution doesn't quite live up in the "simplicity" dept.
(Actually the KP3 suits the above purpose better!
See the amazing beatboxing that "Beardyman" has done with them.)
Microsampler DOES have some great modern improvements -
1. The USB direct sample loading is much more convenient
2. It runs for a LONG TIME on batteries
3.It uses 24 / 48 audio
4.It's light enough to carry easily, and the dials are "protected"
(so why no "strap" to wear it?)

I'd just like to see those innovations in a new Electribe for the 2010s!
(And if KORG is developing one now?
Please let me give some input or try a prototype!)

sincerely,
Franz K
Electronic Musician and VJ

**True story - I was going to the store to buy a Roland groovebox
that was on sale, and happened to try the Electribes as well.
With no instructions, I found it immediately intuitive and fun to play!
Forgot Roland. Bought the ES-1 instead, and later, most of the rest.

KORGLECTION: FIVE Classic ELECTRIBES, FIVE KAOSS!
3 Volca, iPads, Three DS10, Monotron, Classic O1W/FD

See my videos! KORG and other Synths and Apps,
VJing, Animation, Games etc.
www.youtube.com/vjfranzk
3sleeves

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, If you're still reading this thread, I have a software suggestion for Korg. Add a very basic MIDI step sequencer/editor to the MS Librarian software. It would be worlds easier to put in motion than any firmware updates and would solve more than a few usability and convenience issues mentioned in the other complaint threads. Korg could improve consumer loyalty by incorporating features that diminish the need for third party software. Really, it seems like a no-brainer and I'm surprised this issue hasn't been addressed yet for other Korg products (namely the Electribe series, which could benefit from dedicated software). Thanks for listening.
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uktechsupport wrote:
Hi

Would anyone care to list what they feel needs improving on so we can check them for you..?

Thanks

Mike
Korg UK Support

cheers mike.

one thing i hinted at in the other thread was some additional controls/buttons....

i think that for live use the two-handed menu selections are a real hinderance and can easily result in things going wrong....

seems to me that the 'ipod docks' are a waste of space right now....

my suggestion is to make a super cheap midi-in peripheral....the base of which slots in to those two pointless holes....

the extra buttons that would be most useful to me when playing live would be:

bank buttons....having to wait for the banks to change is bad enough but needing two hands and the annoying sunken dials in the middle of a gig to change them is a real pain if playing another instrument or vocals....

fx edit. again, the two hand/finger combo to get in to this setting is a pain when working on the fly.

two simple parameter up, parameter down buttons. it can get fiddly with the knobs.

so i'm basically suggesting an add-on with about 15 buttons, they dont have to be huge and there's plenty of room anyway (and maybe three rotary knobs also that control the a and b fx parameters plus select which fx is chosen....the sunk dials annoy me, cant get a good twist on them sometimes.....), that send midi signals to the microsampler and save users from having to use the two hand menu combos so often...it would make the machine MUCH more spontaneous feeling (i love the way my sp-404 fx and bank changes are all there to hand......) and more practical for live use.....

pretty sure something like that could be manufactured for a street price of around £25? only has to be very basic....

just an idea and unlikely to ever be made but it would make the microsampler much easier to get on with....
softroom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And can it be fitted with a hidden stash compartment impervious to sniffer dogs? I mean, while we're asking for easy OS upgrades... Smile
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha. yeah, my peripheral suggestion is perhaps a bit ridiculous, but it would be refreshing for a company to occasonally follow through on a product in response to customer feedback and make refinements/add-ons in an attempt to acknowledge/thank/reward those that have forked out money for their product....£380 isnt small change for most....
i don't think for a second that korg (third party?) will make something like this, but it's a shame because with just a few extra buttons/some decent fx knobs and a refined os update that deals with all the feasible problems/annoyances that users have highlighted, the microsampler could be very nearly perfect for a lot of people.....
shabby

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not implement a more extensive midi CC in the MS, so u can buy whatever small midi controller and use it to control the microsampler.

sorry i think i wrote this a doen times already, i am justwaiting for the good idea reply that does not come..

so i do it myself

GOOD IDEA!!! LETS IMPLEMENT
3sleeves

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea Shabby!
I'm still learning about MIDI myself, but the software DAWs I use (EnergyXT, FLStudio) are easy enough to figure out (at least to get working and making sounds intentionally). It seems like an oddly inconvenient process to link 2 or more devices without a PC in the mix. A sequence running on my PC can play the samples on the MS, but I haven't found a smooth way to tweak FX live yet...have been experimenting with XY controllers in FL using the iPod with Logitech TouchMouse app (with mixed results). A Kaoss style control pad would really help the MS. That's another feature that could be implemented into the Librarian software. And as I've stated before, would be easier to implement and more cost effective for Korg than a hardware or firmware upgrade.
thuggy_bear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uktechsupport wrote:
Hi

Thanks

Mike
Korg UK Support

1) Automatic zero detection when making loops in the editor.

2) And ability to set decay/release on a loop (like an organ loop, not a drum loop). I have no idea why this is limited to only one shot samples.

3) Automatic zero detection when making loops in the editor.

4) It would be nice to be able to make the editor/librarian expand to take up the whole page, as well as for it to zoom in more. Being able to scale the wave for easier editing would be very nice too.

5) Automatic zero detection when making loops in the editor.

6) Key balance, like on the microKorg. I notice if I scale a single sample in keyboard mode, the lower it goes, the quieter it gets.

7) Automatic zero detection when making loops in the editor.

Cool Automatic zero detection when making loops in the editor.

9) Automatic zero detection when making loops in the editor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: