Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sv-1 Editor... Tape & Stereo Delays

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RitmoDeShuffle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Sv-1 Editor... Tape & Stereo Delays Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I've been jamming, recording and gigging my SV-1 for a month now. Everyone loves it! ...But I love it the most Wink Sounds so lush and it's a joy to play.

I think the editor's really useful. I have a nice mix of the original sounds and the new pack, which I've tweaked a little. Now I'm ready to roll, hot to trot during gigs.

I'm glad they fixed the button bashing problem too. I had a really embarrasing moment in a club when I was rolling around some subtle Rhodes chords. Suddenly I knocked a favourite button and had a wild, monster overdriven organ screaming out of the PA!!! That was hard to cover!

As well as other musics, I play a lot of dubby reggae and both of the delay effects are intrinsic to my styles.

Does anybody know how I can save different settings for the tape and stereo delay's "behind" other verb / echo settings?

For example if I'm playing a Rhodes, I might like to open the song with a plate verb, but then change to a stereo delay mid song and finish up with a tape delay...

BUT, I want to have specific, modified settings on each effect: say a tight plate, an 8(3) / 16 stereo combo and a fast tape delay with a massive (90s) feedback.

For the life of me, I can't work out how to modify each effect so it loads the first one AND keeps the settings ready for when I switch over. The settings just reset when I switch.

I'd like to be able to do the same thing with the pre fx and modulations too.

The only work-around I can think of would be to save the same sound as a different variation, but modify its "initial" effect. I don't want to lose any sounds though!

Any ideas? Your help would be much appreciated!

I have some pretty cool favourites which I can share too! Most of my Rhodes are similar to the originals, but I've made some fat organs and squashy clavs! How would I upload them so you guys can play as well?

The only other thing I'm craving is a tape delay mod. I REEEEALLY want to be able to tweak the tempo with the front panel!! Maybe some brainy dude can tweak the OS? What do you reckon?

Enough people want it, so if Korg don't provide, perhaps somebody here can "assign" the tap tempo button to the tape delay time for a special update? You can hear the way the sound squelches around when you change the tempo in the editior, surely it's simple enough to link it to the button or a knob? PLEEEEASE KORG!

Wow, I wrote more than I planned... I love this board!

Ease,
James.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: