Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

joet63 July '09 'The Movement Has Shadows'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joet63

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: joet63 July '09 'The Movement Has Shadows' Reply with quote

Hi everyone, how is everybody, I hope you are all well.

Here's my July track, it's called 'The Movement Has Shadows', it's not quite finished yet, it needs some learning on my part of Production skills, as well as possibly some kind of guitars acoustic or electric, or even both!

www.myspace.com/joethompson63

Any comments will be gratefully received, thank you.

joe
Reason 5, Record 1.5, KLC 1.2v, Korg MS2000, BR, Korg Electribe Series Mk11, Roland JV1080, Novation A Station, Novation Bass Station, Evolution 49 M/Controller, Yamaha PSR295,300,DSR 2000, E/Acoustic CPX900, Epiphone Sheraton, Suzuki Acoustic Guitar,
Washburn RB2500 Bass Guitar, Akai Pro ME30PII, Fostex Mixer, Korg DS-10, Korg PadKontrol.

Last edited by joet63 on Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joe,

Very nice... I notice a bit of an Ocasek sound at the beginning, I guess not intended... but it's sweet..

I would like to hear a bit of more contrasting melody in it... a strong but soft guit. line would really serve well and be in keeping with the electronics as well''

Most enjoyable..however!

I am going to try to be a part again... I felt bad about leaving anyway... so here I am...

Regards John
joet63

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John, Thanks for your kind comments, Can you tell what 'Ocasek' is please, I've never heard of it before and it's stumped to what it is!

Please forgive my ignorance.

Yeah I would like to add some guitars, acoustic and maybe electric or even both! I'm trying to learn about Arpeggios as I am using Reason 4's RPG-8. It's great fun and this track has been a bit of a learning curve for me as I have been too long in just playing with presets, not that there is anything with that. It's just me being lazy, but Reason 4 is a huge program and I think I'll always be learning new things, which is a good thing. Using Automation and Compression and Eq are cool tools and I'm getting to grips with them.

Yeah John, I feel bad at not participating in the forum but we're still here and so is the forum so let's crack on!

P.S. Hi Daz, Sharp and George, I'm not taking the KF for granted, I do love it, as it has brought me so much joy and happiness, to read, lsten and learn so much from everyone who particiapte in this great place.

joe
Reason 5, Record 1.5, KLC 1.2v, Korg MS2000, BR, Korg Electribe Series Mk11, Roland JV1080, Novation A Station, Novation Bass Station, Evolution 49 M/Controller, Yamaha PSR295,300,DSR 2000, E/Acoustic CPX900, Epiphone Sheraton, Suzuki Acoustic Guitar,
Washburn RB2500 Bass Guitar, Akai Pro ME30PII, Fostex Mixer, Korg DS-10, Korg PadKontrol.

ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Joe,

Thanks for the comeback....

Rick Ocasek Singer... lead with the Cars...Late '70's early '80's.. Also big solo album ... Beautitude.., 1982..

Yes, I agree with your notation to Sharp and others.. and I expect George or another to just say beat it... Very Happy

Something strange (to me at least) happened here... and I was in a need to leave a bit for myself, and left... and it seems the new OSAM never took off ... I regret my part, if any, in its failure...

Hope you can stay and learn... My own place is rather tenuous... I have little in new ...to offer, and my piano and classical bent never fit well...

However, I will try to encourage a bit... that's really why I am back, and also because I am at loose ends a bit right now...

Keep your work going; I like the sound..

Regards, John (ellll) Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: