Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How about a pro version of this

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LiqMat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: How about a pro version of this Reply with quote

Hey Korg,

How about a pro version of this??? I would buy it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately this unit is way too limited in sample time and patterns.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg Had one...it was called the Korg Triton Extreme! It's discontinued now.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Dj Pound

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Is it really that bad? Im contemplating whether or not I should get one.
MicroStation
MicroKorg
Akai MPC-2000XL
Boss BR-532
shabby

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no it is awesome!! it has a tight response, tight sequencer, really grainy sounding samplerates.. plus really good and creative fx.. offers a really nice workflow... and a good editor.. a really creative machine

it just has some flaws probably because it had to be finished for some stupid convention.. korg is not the worst companies when it comes to updates...

lets just all spam the f*ck out of them to fix the gapsies they left in 1.00
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agree with shabby, its a great piece of hardware, it's pretty much replaced my 404, just going to use that live for one shits and backing tracks now...

the only reason people are slating it, and i've done my fair share, is because it could be REALLY great with just a few minor fixes, and i think all of them are doable with a thorough update......

its well worth checking out as it is, but a few things will annoy you....but no more than any other sampler in this price range...
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, i meant 'one shots'...
Dj Pound

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beatifictatter wrote:
haha, i meant 'one shots'...

hahaha.I was like WTF is "One-shits"?
MicroStation
MicroKorg
Akai MPC-2000XL
Boss BR-532
ix studio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: How about a pro version of this Reply with quote

yeah be nice if korg did a rack mount 2/4u sampler - 500mb ram - usb - pc editor - sounded like an emulator e3 Smile - some variphrase - cf card reader - kaoss fx onboard .Its a shame that these companies all think the rack sampler is dead .I guess we have kontakt but i true rack sampler like the older akais etc would be very cool.

LiqMat wrote:
Hey Korg,

How about a pro version of this??? I would buy it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately this unit is way too limited in sample time and patterns.
slug

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: How about a pro version of this Reply with quote

ix studio wrote:
Its a shame that these companies all think the rack sampler is dead .

Considering that you can pick up a EMU 6400 or Akai Z8 or similar these days for peanuts when they were many thousands of dollars only 10 years ago, i think the market is quite clear that rack samplers are effectively dead... My guess why Korg has given this a punt is because the MicroSampler is a usable instrument in its own right, whereas to use a rack sampler you pretty much need a computer DAW, and considering any decent software like Logic has its own software sampler these days, and computer storage is off the chart so i dont know what you would you would be gaining, likely for the price of an entire computer + software.
Conkrete

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ix Studio:
I think you may have explained why rack samplers are dead...you just described a unit comparable to my old Windows 98 machine running Fruity Loops 3.56 (although it had a ZIP-100 drive and a CD burner, no CF reader). The versatility of a rack sampler is extremely limited, especially when compared to a PC in the same price range. The coolness factor doesn't outweigh the convenient/useful factor in my opinion.

@LiqMat:
It has a USB out and adjustable sample rates...you should be able to find a comfortable balance between sample quantity and quality with those features (and then back up your banks via USB). As far as patterns go, 16 patterns of 99 measures each isn't enough to make a song? I'm hard pressed to even fill up 12 patterns of 8 measures each when I'm making a song. It's all in how you use it that makes it professional grade or not. Look at how many classic songs have been made with the SP-1200 and it's whopping 12 seconds (or so) of sample time at 12kHz.
CLiFfBangA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it ! I used to have 2 ASR 10s the greatest hip hop makin keyboard ever I say! but I got tired of all the damn work that comes with them! The first time I seen this ms1 I was blown away!! who cares about minor flaws!!! s**t I don't thats what Other soft wear and hard wear is for to make up for the minor flaws !! dig in your pockets and make it right!! thats what I do!! This ms1 is like the asr 10 but a hell of a lot easier!! It's basically a mini asr 10 to me !! Put a dope drum machine to it like one from akai and your almost unstoppable! It's not the machine it's the fooL behind it! They'll most likely come out with updates! that's what technology does now a days!! and rack sampling isn't dead!! the best beats come from sampling! I do good with this machine i love how you can use it as a midi controller also!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: