Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who Still LOVES their AX3000G effects processor and why?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Who Still LOVES their AX3000G effects processor and why? Reply with quote

It's been quite a while since the AX3000G (and B) have been out. I remember when I got mine it was on sale for $199. While other companies have created more advanced effects floor units, Korg has developed nothing new. In fact the AX3000G is listed as discontinued on most on line sites. I would be pretty surprised if the Pandora 5 is the replacement for a new effects processor put out by Korg, but you never know.

So anyhow, the question goes (for those who have one), how do you like your AX3000G, are you still using it and lastly, what is it about the AX that keeps it part of your guitar rig?
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Party Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my AX300g! I have been using it for about 4 years now. I have several "all purpose" patches and some for individual songs. The selection of effects does most every thing I need and the interface makes for easy tweeks. One think that could have been changed is that it only has the one pedal. A dedicated volume pedal would have been a good thing, but probably outside of the price point KORG wanted. Sooo... I'll (someday) get a volume pedal.

All in all a great FX unit. The only way I would replace it is with individual stomps, but they would not have the ability to save patches with different settings for the individual effects and songs
mathewpb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Who Still LOVES their AX3000G effects processor and why? Reply with quote

Hi,

Just before Xmas 2009 I was in the market for a new pedalboard. I had a really old Korg A4 that was asking to be retired. Being a fan of that unit, I naturally looked at the AX3000G. I was a bit worried when I saw how long it had been on the market, and thought I'd maybe be better off with something newer. But when I started doing comparisons, nothing came close to what the AX3000G gives you. The breadth of sounds and the level of control is amazing - better than most and comparable to the others. And then when you consider the price - unbeatable.

The ONLY disppointment is the overdrives. The unit does great distortion/metal, but that's not my scene, but the overdrives lack realism and warmth to my ears. Problem solved by adding an external pedal. And still way cheaper than most other choices.

So I can't say I'm an old-hand with the AX3000G, but having used it for a month now, I still love it. And from the A4, which lasted me 20 years, I know I'll keep this one for a while yet.

See ya,
Mathew
longi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had mine for around four or five years now, for the most part i've been quite pleased with it especially the shred distortion which is really first class, although there are a few things that are mildly irritating like the reverb quality for instance, and no usb socket. The delays are really very good on the unit, but the chorus effects could do with being a little warmer and the Plexi (UK1960's) and the JCM800 (UK 1890's) could be far more convincing. Having said that, the technology is probably around seven or eight years old! What really impressed me though were the Wah Wah effects. I put my old Jim Dunlop Wah Wah pedal back to back and I couldn't the difference!! Absolutely none, so I sold the wah wah!! I have other peoples recordings using this unit DI'd and they were very good, as good as anything else i've heard out there.
longi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's something, I was fiddling about wit hthe compensator at last nights rehearsal. By accident I set it to the stack setting made a world of difference to my Randall combo! it sounds far better and the Plexi and UK1960'S and UK1980'a and infact all the amp models sound far better! When i've used this setting on my other amps it's always sounded terrible, it now sounds incredible! What a difference something so small can make! I was thinking of selling it but it sounds so good now I don't think i'll bother!! Very Happy
longi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Who Still LOVES their AX3000G effects processor and why? Reply with quote

mathewpb wrote:
Hi,

Just before Xmas 2009 I was in the market for a new pedalboard. I had a really old Korg A4 that was asking to be retired. Being a fan of that unit, I naturally looked at the AX3000G. I was a bit worried when I saw how long it had been on the market, and thought I'd maybe be better off with something newer. But when I started doing comparisons, nothing came close to what the AX3000G gives you. The breadth of sounds and the level of control is amazing - better than most and comparable to the others. And then when you consider the price - unbeatable.

The ONLY disppointment is the overdrives. The unit does great distortion/metal, but that's not my scene, but the overdrives lack realism and warmth to my ears. Problem solved by adding an external pedal. And still way cheaper than most other choices.

So I can't say I'm an old-hand with the AX3000G, but having used it for a month now, I still love it. And from the A4, which lasted me 20 years, I know I'll keep this one for a while yet.

See ya,
Mathew

Try out the different compensator settings, whilst they take some getting used to you will find one that suits your amp, assuming your using a guitar amp that is. I tried the AP-3 setting yesterday, for the first time in five years of owning it! It transformed the sound! I can't belive how much difference it made to the sound, I now think it sounds nothing short of incredible! I really do! I also tried it via the return leg of the effects loop so as to access the power amp stage of my amp, unbeliveable, I never thought it could ever sound that good! I'm actually thinkg of buying a second unit now in case this one goes wrong!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: