Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help to connect Korg SP200 to Logic on MBP please.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rskacel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: help to connect Korg SP200 to Logic on MBP please. Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm trying to use my Korg SP200 digital piano to record through MIDI and as a controller keyboard, into Logic. However, I don't get a signal in the MIDI Setup when I play my keyboard.

I'm using an old Midiman Uno 1x1 as an interface and have the latest driver for it installed.
Logic recognises the Uno in the library and I've connected the Korg piano to the Uno in Audio/MIDI Setup.

I'm now at a loss as to why there is no signal when I test setup in MIDI Setup and why Logic won't recognise any input when I play notes.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm new to MIDI recording so I could well have overlooked something basic...

Cheers!
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The usual thing to check that often comes up with the 1x1 and similar interfaces is that people assume they are just a cable for connecting up one MIDI device to the computer and thus hook the In to the In and the Out to the Out.

The text on the connectors is in reference to the computer - in being 'in to the PC' and out being 'out of the PC', as a typical interface, rather than the other way around.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
rskacel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks but still no luck!

I don't think it's a case of swapping the cables as when I do that the Midi In light on the Uno goes out completely. As things are, the Midi In light flickers constantly and when I play notes, it flickers faster. (I should have said this in my first post! sorry).

For some reason that signal doesn't reach Logic. I've tried messing around with the Environment window but normally I don't think I should need to....or is there something I still need to tweak somewhere??
rskacel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorted! Turns out that a Usb 1.0 interface doesn't connect MIDI too well with a Usb 2.0 computer port. Bought a new interface. Simple as that.
marta

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: sp-200 Reply with quote

Hi rskacel:

Have you solve your problem with the conection between sp-200 and Logic, because I have THE SAME problem!!!

My sp-200 plays with all my MIDI programs on my PC (Finale, Pro-tools...), but not on my Mac, and specially with Logic...I'm a little bit desperate because I don't want to buy a new keyboard...please tell me something as fast as you can.
Thanks
rskacel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marta

sorry for late reply but I don't check this email often.

I solved my problem easily in the end. The interface i was using to connect the sp200 to my mac was quite old and had a usb 1.0 connection. I bought a new one with usb 2.0 and now it works fine.

Maybe yours is 1.0?

I'm not an expert so don't have much more advice I'm afraid!

good luck!

rudi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mac Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: