Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

disconnect TrEx from Mac

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lebeau99

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: disconnect TrEx from Mac Reply with quote

This from a previous post.
"Following the combined advice of Shrike and PG, I am happily able to load .wav files directly from Mac to CF card. Much better than what I was doing: loading to USB memory stick, ejecting from Mac, connecting to TrEx. loading to sampling and saving to CF. Tedious.
But I cant now disconnect the CF from the Mac. "Can't eject because in use. Close apps." (I have exited USB storage mode on TrEx and I have closed all apps. ) Can't just turn off the TrEx. "How could you be so stupid as to disconnect the device without first ejecting it? Don't you realize you could cause serious damage to the device, your children and the planet?" Or something like that.
Solution? David"
And now I can"t get the Mac to communicate directly to CF at all. The TrEx shows in Utilities under midi devices but the icon with the name of the CF card no longer shows on the desktop. I wonder about the cable. I used usb port on mac to usb-B port on TrEx (the square one). I don't have a double usb-A cable here but could get one if necessary.
[/quote]
X-Trade

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double USB-A cable wouldn't work because A-Ports are usually host ports - in that they host devices. You can't connect host-to-host.

The A-Port on the TEX is for connecting a USB memory stick.

I don't have one so can't help you more than that, however as long as you're not writing data to it or reading data at the time, it is usually safe to eject the card or turn the TEX off. Indeed in windows you don't even have the choice to eject the card if it is a USB card reader. Doing so you usually end up ejecting the reader and then you can't read another one.

Also, the MIDI device has nothing to do with the card reader part. They are effectively two different functions just using the same cable. I guess it at least shows that your TEX is still showing up on the computer though.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mac Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: