Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radias editor not working on Mac

View previous topic :: View next topic  
klaasjan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Radias editor not working on Mac Reply with quote

Hi,

New Radias owner here. I'm trying to get the Radias editor to work on a new Mac (Snow Leopard). I've downloaded the latest USB-MIDI (1.0.Cool driver and Radias editor.
When plugging in the Radias via USB there's a device added to the Audio/MIDI setup panel showing "Radias (update)". The editor launches, but attempts to communicate with the Radias module timeout with a "device inquiry error".

Anyone here running into the same problem? There are a few old threads on problems with the editor, but I've not seen any definitive answer surface...
Zoolook

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same issue it seems to be common.

I have a Korg Radias that refuses to speak to my Mac using the USB cable. I have no issues with my Oxygen 8 keyboard, and the Radias is fine when using a Edirol Midi to USB cable (using its drivers) but that means more cables and less flxibility overall. I've searched a few forums and haven't seen anything too helpful.

I am using OS X 10.6.2 and I use Logic Pro. In the Midi Studio, I can see the device "RADIAS(Update)" but inside the device it only shows

RADIAS DUMP OUT and
RADIAS DUMP IN

on the MIDI ports. There are also no shown input and output ports on the device.

http://gallery.me.com/hallmr#100037&bgcolor=black&view=grid

Can anyone help?
klaasjan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allright, I got really angry at this problem and seem to have it worked out.

The Radias(update) MIDI device is the problem. It seems the "real" Radias ports are not registered if the update device is. Problem for me was I couldn't delete the Radias device from the MIDI setup screen. After deleting the Korg MIDI driver from /System/Library/Extensions and rebooting I could delete it.
After reinstalling the Korg USB MIDI driver and another reboot the OSX MIDI Setup shows the correct Radias device (maybe needed to click on "rescan").
Setting the Radias editor to RADIAS - KBD/KNOB for MIDI IN and RADIAS-SOUND for MIDI out results in a working editor.

Zoolook: can you confirm this works for you too?
Zoolook

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klaasjan wrote:
Allright, I got really angry at this problem and seem to have it worked out.

The Radias(update) MIDI device is the problem. It seems the "real" Radias ports are not registered if the update device is. Problem for me was I couldn't delete the Radias device from the MIDI setup screen. After deleting the Korg MIDI driver from /System/Library/Extensions and rebooting I could delete it.
After reinstalling the Korg USB MIDI driver and another reboot the OSX MIDI Setup shows the correct Radias device (maybe needed to click on "rescan").
Setting the Radias editor to RADIAS - KBD/KNOB for MIDI IN and RADIAS-SOUND for MIDI out results in a working editor.

Zoolook: can you confirm this works for you too?

Unfortunately no, because my folder in /library/extension is empty. No drivers at all.

However I managed to delete Korg RADIAS(Update) from the Audio Midi setup (just highlighted it and hit delete) and rebooted to make sure it was gone, it was.

I then re-downloaded the Korg USB Midi drivers (1.08 R4) and reinstalled the package and re-booted again - but this time nothing is there.
klaasjan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoolook wrote:

Unfortunately no, because my folder in /library/extension is empty. No drivers at all.

Did you look in /System/Library/Extension ?

Quote:

I then re-downloaded the Korg USB Midi drivers (1.08 R4) and reinstalled the package and re-booted again - but this time nothing is there.

Try the "rescan" button.
Zoolook

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klaasjan wrote:
Zoolook wrote:

Did you look in /System/Library/Extension ?

Quote:

Try the "rescan" button.

No I'd been looking in the wrong place. I don't think I have ever had to manually delete a KEXT file, but thanks.

SO it works now, I have MIDI In and MIDI Out as well as Sound (Internal) KBD/KNOB (Internal).

How are you liking the Radias? Have you tried the artists patches and R3 patches? I think this is one under-rated synth, I love it.
klaasjan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoolook wrote:
How are you liking the Radias? Have you tried the artists patches and R3 patches? I think this is one under-rated synth, I love it.

Good to hear it's working for you too.

I'm quite impressed with the Radias and still in the process of figuring out the deeper features. I've tried most of the downloadable patches, and while not everything "clicks" with me, there's a lot of interesting stuff available to build on.
dasystem

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: You guys are great Reply with quote

You all helped me fix my connection error. What would we do without user forums!!!

merry xmas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CreQAhtYM0&hd=1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: