Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Memory increase?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kh4os

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Memory increase? Reply with quote

Anyone who understand about electronic.
Is it possible to expand the memory?
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, probably pie in the sky, but soon as you get some sound/loops in to a bank, then make some patterns, then resample those patterns with fx, memory can run out long before you finish a song....esp if resampling long passages.....must be some way to add more memory though? Or at least delete the factory bank and have the whole memory open across all banks? Rather than it split evenly between them. Which seems ridiculous....some banks/songs will require much less memory than others.....
lloydsmith

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the memory capacity is so small - I agree - the factory ROM sure seems an infuriating waste of space.

It would have been better as RAM - memory protect could have been set to on for demo purposes & then it could have been user deletable.

These are such silly & avoidable shortcomings - & makes the MS something which is nearly great - rather than really great.

It's also a crying shame they filled it up with beatboxing of all things. Any user would want to do this themselves if required, not have some anonymous bloke huffin & chuffin away on their track... a basic electronic drumkit would have been of much greater use as a sketchpad.

The software having a bulk dump facility would definitely compensate for all the too-ing & fro-ing needed.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn! Is there anything more make this keyboard sampler so unappealing to purchase? At least there could have been an SD card slot.

Oh well, I'll just focus on the positive; "Thanks Korg for making the Kaossilator Pro and your continued support for the KP3"
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
mikemidi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:
At least there could have been an SD card slot.

Agree with SMK here. The only thing keeping me from purchasing a microSampler right now is the lack of an SD card slot.

I don't understand why Korg would severely limit the sampling time like this on such a cool unit.

I guess I will be holding out for a microSamplerXL.

Crying or Very sad
iD4rK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to know what actually happens if you unsolder the ROM on the mainboard and replace it with an ROM that has double capacity of the same ROM brand and type. Wondering if it still would work, if it detects the extra space or if the space or if allocation is hardcoded.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beatifictatter wrote:
Or at least delete the factory bank and have the whole memory open across all banks? Rather than it split evenly between them. Which seems ridiculous....some banks/songs will require much less memory than others.....

I'm fairly sure the reason for doing this is that the samples for each bank are in slow 'persistent' flash memory. When you select a bank, it copies the samples from that bank to the faster working-RAM.

Of course, i don't even have one, but it seems the most logical explanation for the limitation.

I don't know what the sampling time is on the MS-1, but I'm enjoying the ES-1 we just got with 90 seconds or so of persistent sample storage.

and for anyone else asking such questions, I don't think it'd be as simple as replacing the chip. The OS would till have to be configured to address more memory.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: