Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribes updated with SD storage
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iD4rK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You made a good post there about Electribe Air, nice design.

I've been following the board for some years but I've always been away for a coupple of month's and have not seen that post. Maybe they had stickied it if it was a simple request post. nevermind.

And I do get your point and it is somehow desperating for Electribe lovers, but still there is nothing you can do about it.

EDIT: Din't read X-Trade's post.

It is probably what X-Trade said, they have to get rid of already manufactured boards they still have in stock, and people are not going to stop buying the just released electribes. So why produce new ones if the old ones are still making money? Maybe EMX1SD units were already manufactured in 2005 but they had produced to many of the EMX1 units and thats why they din't release them. Who knows!

Greets
Sarrova-Q

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iD4rK wrote:
they have to get rid of already manufactured boards they still have in stock, and people are not going to stop buying the just released electribes. So why produce new ones if the old ones are still making money? Maybe EMX1SD units were already manufactured in 2005 but they had produced to many of the EMX1 units and that's why they didn't release them. Who knows!

Haha iD4rK I have to agree on this one Smile I think you're right, but it's still sad that they won't upgrade the Electribe series.
You're right that it's OK for people who want to buy a new E.X SD though, the SM cards are indeed too hard to find (I have enough of them luckily).
Only thing is the price tag, witch doesn't fit with the features and sound quality. If they would reduce the price to €400 it would be OK I guess, but I know they're not going to do that cause - as you said - they are probably still selling enough units.

I know they could make a new one that is way better than the 'old' models and that would sell well, and that's why it's such a pitty.
And it's sad to see a company focussing so much on the money aspect (they are really trying to squeeze every € or $ out of the already existing products, re-packing them with only new designs).
Hmmm maybe I was just hoping too much.

Anyway, I went to my local shop yesterday and bought a maschine and I'm happy with it Wink
I guess we'll see what the future brings for new E-Tribes ...

Okay, last thing I want to mention here are the release dates of the Electribe series, just to show why many people are so frustrated not seeing a NEW electribe:

ER-1: 1999
EA-1: 1999
ES-1: 2000
EM-1: 2001

EMX-1 2003
ESX-1 2003

ER-1 MK II: 2004
EA-1 MK II: 2004
ES-1 MK II: 2004

EMX-SD: 2010
ESX-SD: 2010

As you see, the maximum time between an Electribe release was 2 years, now it's 6 in general and 7 for the X-series.

btw, from sonicstate:

"Pricing and Availability:
The Korg Electribe EMX-1 SD and ESX-1 SD will be available June 2010 with an MSRP of $750.00. "

If that's true, new users are paying WAY too much !!!

Cheers!
iD4rK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... actually, they are selling the original EMX1 at 750 dollars here in Europe, so the only thing I can do is hope that they drop the prices when the EMX1SD arrive.

And for the additional fun factor, I'm currently in Switzerland at holiday and I went to check the stores and they are selling the original EMX1 for 1187.76 dollars. Shocked Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

EDIT: I forgot to say, they could make much more money if they would update their products with the stuff that users request. Like making a new completely analog synth, a lot of people requested this to Korg, but as you have seen nothing happened except for that Monothingie filter.

G
Sarrova-Q

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm from Belgium and I by frequently from Thomann (they ship international).

http://www.thomann.de/be/korg_electribe_emx1_groovebox.htm?sid=0c3614058eb7387beb1e3d508ecaa090

€550 for the EMX (witch still is too much imo).

iD4rK wrote:
EDIT: I forgot to say, they could make much more money if they would update their products with the stuff that users request. Like making a new completely analog synth, a lot of people requested this to Korg, but as you have seen nothing happened except for that Monothingie filter.

G

Couldn't agree more.

Gr.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iD4rK wrote:

I would wait. It would be a bad market strategy to suddenly launch something like that without any precursor. the Monotron is a great opportunity for them to (partially) see how much interest there is in an analog device from KORG.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
tablet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha...

They just kidding us...... Mad
bog

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for Korg to have truly have innovated instead of this BS, they would have had to compete with something like NI Maschine. I can see why they've given up on truly updating the Electribes. At least they're bringing it to the iPad with actual new features.
gil videla

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Sarrova-Q"]
iD4rK wrote:

If that's true, new users are paying WAY too much !!!

Cheers!

Since when did Korg care about us users... this release confirms they don't
pedalguy1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just barley orded an ESX-1 like 3 days ago. Would it be a good idea to send it back and wait for the the new one? Will it be a major difference?
bog

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedalguy1 wrote:
I just barley orded an ESX-1 like 3 days ago. Would it be a good idea to send it back and wait for the the new one? Will it be a major difference?

Nope. There's really no difference. The on-board storage limit is still the same.

If I was you, I'd return it and get NI Maschine (assuming you already have a computer).

Or buy an iPad and use iElectribe all other sorts of multitouch goodness like Beatmaker. Very Happy
pedalguy1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bog wrote:
pedalguy1 wrote:

Nope. There's really no difference. The on-board storage limit is still the same.

If I was you, I'd return it and buy an iPad and use iElectribe all other sorts of multitouch goodness like Beatmaker.

So, Its just the format you can store it on? I know that the sampling time is limited and i was wondering if the change would incease that at all. An Ipad would be cool, but i think i'm sold on the electribe. Wink
bog

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedalguy1 wrote:
So, Its just the format you can store it on? I know that the sampling time is limited and i was wondering if the change would incease that at all. An Ipad would be cool, but i think i'm sold on the electribe. Wink

Yeah, Electribes are fun, no doubt but I've moved onto Maschine which I highly recommend. Electribe in comparison is just too limited for what I want to do and too much of a hassle to do most things like import sounds and working with multiple patterns. But for slower tempo stuff or simpler 4 on the floor stuff like minimal techno, electribe can be great.
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedalguy1 wrote:

Dealing with Smart Media cards can certainly be annoying, as the max out at 128mb, plus are expensive on the second hand market. If I were you, I'd return the unit for a new one (unless the old was way cheaper).
pedalguy1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugo wrote:
pedalguy1 wrote:

Dealing with Smart Media cards can certainly be annoying, as the max out at 128mb, plus are expensive on the second hand market. If I were you, I'd return the unit for a new one (unless the old was way cheaper).

I Just bought it new from guitar center for like $450. Do we know when the new one will come out?
X-Trade

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedalguy1 wrote:
Hugo wrote:
pedalguy1 wrote:

I Just bought it new from guitar center for like $450. Do we know when the new one will come out?

If you can find the smartmedia cards then I wouldn't worry. Have a look around first.

The only difference is the SD slot.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: