Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

realistic drum sounds?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevelucky

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: realistic drum sounds? Reply with quote

Does anybody have any tips on getting some realistic drum sounds out of this app? I realize that it's more geared towards electro stuff, but I'd like to figure out how to get some live acoustic drum sounds out of it. At first I thought you'd be able to import sample for it to use, but it's not looking like it, right? Soooooo, any help out there?
shabbee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: realistic drum sounds? Reply with quote

stevelucky wrote:
Does anybody have any tips on getting some realistic drum sounds out of this app? I realize that it's more geared towards electro stuff, but I'd like to figure out how to get some live acoustic drum sounds out of it. At first I thought you'd be able to import sample for it to use, but it's not looking like it, right? Soooooo, any help out there?

The original Electribe R which this is mostly based on had some samples which came from vintage groove boxes. As this is an emulation of the original Electribe it will be the same. Importing samples is not supported nor was it on the original R version.

The Electribe S and ESX-1 are completely sample based which is maybe why you was thinking you could import samples. The red colour is also similar to ESX-1
shabbee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: iELECTRIBE has a little extra over the original Reply with quote

I just realised that when you select either CYMBAL, CLAP, or the hi-hats, when touching the Waveform you get a variation on the sound. I don't remember the original ER1 having this. WOW
FranzK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Realistic Acoustic Drums" are NOT the point of the ER-1 (and iER-1).

This machine (and software machine) are designed to recreate a variety of retro electro drum sounds, as well as bizare pemutations for the future.

If you want "realistic accoustic drums"

Of course, It'd be very nice if KORG added the ability to upload your own PCM samples for parts 5-8 Wink on this.

I like samplers a lot, personally, and hope they produce iES or iESX soon!

KORGLECTION: FIVE Classic ELECTRIBES, FIVE KAOSS!
3 Volca, iPads, Three DS10, Monotron, Classic O1W/FD

See my videos! KORG and other Synths and Apps,
VJing, Animation, Games etc.
www.youtube.com/vjfranzk
stevelucky

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I didn't do any real research before I bought the app and thought it based off the ESX-1. Here's to hoping that they model that one next!
bog

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FranzK wrote:
Of course, It'd be very nice if KORG added the ability to upload your own PCM samples for parts 5-8 Wink on this.

Yeah, that'd be killer as may be this would be the only app seeing it's called iElectribe, not iElectribe-R. Not sure why they left out the ribbon controller emulation as it's on a touch screen.
shabbee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Regardless it's still amazing value Reply with quote

I think we have been spoilt and loose track of what we are getting for $9.99. This is amazing value for money!!!

I'm assuming you will be using your iPAD to do other thingsas well??
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bog wrote:
FranzK wrote:

Yeah, that'd be killer as may be this would be the only app seeing it's called iElectribe, not iElectribe-R. Not sure why they left out the ribbon controller emulation as it's on a touch screen.

I think the tubes are misleading.

This is supposed to be mostly an emulation of the original ER-1, not the EMX or ESX.

The ER-1 doesn't have a ribbon:
http://www.vintagesynth.com/korg/etr.php
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
bog

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
bog wrote:
FranzK wrote:

This is supposed to be mostly an emulation of the original ER-1, not the EMX or ESX.

That's true. but the iElectribe does have actual emulation of the EMX/ESX tube feature and also adds some of the newer effects from EMX/ESX. While it is based on the ER-1 for the most part, the iElectribe does have some new features, and some probably exclusive to the iPad. The ribbon controller just seems natural for the iPad.
FranzK

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="X-Trade"]
bog wrote:
FranzK wrote:

The ER-1 doesn't have a ribbon:
http://www.vintagesynth.com/korg/etr.php

Yes, I know that very well. Wink I have 5 various electribes here.

BUT you'll notice they added the new FX and Tubes from an ESX?
Which are not on a hardware ER either,
so they are obviously open for some innovation! Wink

I say start with the original design, and EXPAND!

re: Tubes
There is SOFTWARE simulation of tube saturation functionality, so it still makes sense.

See my reviews on youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO60IXOqtjQ

KORGLECTION: FIVE Classic ELECTRIBES, FIVE KAOSS!
3 Volca, iPads, Three DS10, Monotron, Classic O1W/FD

See my videos! KORG and other Synths and Apps,
VJing, Animation, Games etc.
www.youtube.com/vjfranzk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: