Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tips and suggestions for OS update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
softroom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jtag wrote:
It would be good to get some QUICK update from Korg ... u already can find a lot of 2nd hand MSs for nothing around, this piece of gear will be def dead in a couple of months ...

Mine will still be very much alive and being used to make music.
While I really enjoy your constant positive input here, I just hope it's not keeping you from some other vital task.
Conkrete

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This keyboard is a beast in my studio, but it would be nice to get some more editing features in the editor software...maybe even a MIDI step sequencer to make it more convenient to edit patterns. The keyboard's OS is fine to me and I can't understand how some people bash the MS like it was made solely to piss them off. For real, any musician with an ounce of patience and creativity (and a couple grams of ganja) can make good use of this thing. But KORG, if you're reading this, please soup up the editor software soon though.

@jtag: It's only been out for a few months! I haven't seen a used MS for less than $435, which is barely less than I paid for it new. Please post a link the next time you find one for nothing, I'd gladly scoop it up.
shabby

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

could we jsut focus on suggestions for improvement and os update and start a new topic calledd why the MS sucks or Not..

- what i find difficult when i export a sequence (recorded in the MS) and open it in ableton.. to see what is keyboard channel and what is global channel (aka the sample channel)... so any way of conversion in the software editor during export would be great...

- i noticed the new soft editor does not realtime change the fx-parameter anymore... strange.. or is it me?

- a feature i really miss. in the keyboard channel is portamento.. i got this idea.. to sample my keyboard needs for my bands live set.. but s**t i use portamento/glide... no way of faking that..

did i mention the auto loop playback after sampling!!

and the annoying earbleeding click (please make it posible over headphone)
floccipocci

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I did not have time to read everything, so I just quote a feature that I would really really like to have:

floccipocci wrote:

I think another feature we can ask for would be region looping (where we can set loop start and loop end within a sample, apart from the sample's start/end point settings) with differing loop play modes (such as FORWARD, FORWARD-BACKWARD, BACKWARD, etc).

Wonder if that is feasible.

Common feature in samplers these days. For example like in Reason's NN-XT. or Native Instruments, or etc.

and ADSR settings.
Jim Pong

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. A pattern recording setting that in record standby mode, allows you to begin recording at the first note on.

So instead of pressing rec or play/stop to start the recording when in rec-standby mode, simply start playing to start recording simultaneously.

This way you don't have to worry if the first note you played came before or after pressing rec or play/stop, because if it's played just slightly before rec start it won't be recorded.

This also makes the timing more accurate if you stop the pattern and press play again later.

2. Local control on/off settings seperate for sample and keyboard mode.

This way you can use the keyboard mode and its midi note patterns to control an external sound module/synth, and use sample mode for drum rhythms or whatever

3. Is it possible to have one effect per sample? As in different fx for each different sample in a bank instead of one effect for all.

If not Confused but not Crying or Very sad
if so then Surprised
softroom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Pong wrote:
1. A pattern recording setting that in record standby mode, allows you to begin recording at the first note on.

So instead of pressing rec or play/stop to start the recording when in rec-standby mode, simply start playing to start recording simultaneously.

This way you don't have to worry if the first note you played came before or after pressing rec or play/stop, because if it's played just slightly before rec start it won't be recorded.

This also makes the timing more accurate if you stop the pattern and press play again later.

2. Local control on/off settings seperate for sample and keyboard mode.

This way you can use the keyboard mode and its midi note patterns to control an external sound module/synth, and use sample mode for drum rhythms or whatever

3. Is it possible to have one effect per sample? As in different fx for each different sample in a bank instead of one effect for all.

If not Confused but not Crying or Very sad
if so then Surprised

1) Even Logic 9 (annoyingly) doesn't have this feature.
3) Sorry not possible.
Jim Pong

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sample should have a different pitch shift setting for the sample and keyboard mode. This way all samples selected in keyboard mode can be set in the same key (all selected samples play c notes when you play c keys) while keeping the favoured pitch setting of the sample in sample mode.
nortisop

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what seems like a simple one to add, that would save a lot of grief:

- An option to quantize the sample record button to the midi clock (quarter or eight notes)... god, this would make things so much easier, and get rid of the 'slop' in recording a few bars of a sample...
Jim Pong

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Music playing Arrow beatmatch by tapping tempo or setting bpm Arrow press rec for rec standby Arrow start performance & first note on triggers start of recording Arrow switch to next pattern Arrow play some more Arrow press stop Arrow switch back to first pattern and press play in time with the beat Arrow Shocked Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: