Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you convert midi to style?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amusik2007

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: How do you convert midi to style? Reply with quote

Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well. I have a question and I hope someone can assist me with it. My question is how do you convert midi to a korg pa style, such as having it in a variation. Is there a way to just copy part of the midi sequence to a style?

Thanks
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Amusik2007. You can copy part of a midi to a style variation by loading the midi into your keyboard songplay mode and then creating 'markers' in the midi file between the parts that you need on the 'lyrics' page and Marker Tab. You have to be extremely accurate to do this and it can be very messy and something that to me is not satisfactory. The best way for what you are asking is by using pc sequencing software that can create accurate 'markers' in the midi which can then be imported to a style variation in Style Record Mode. I believe that 'powertracks' has this facility and you can be far more accurate with your markers. Another solution is to use 'EMC Styleworks' in song to style mode for a complete style.
Hope that answers your initial Question Smile
amusik2007

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thank you sir for your response. I will try your strategy.

Really I'd like to thank your contributions to the music society. I am

definitely bookmarking your website!

Thanks

p.s. Question is still open if anyone else has responses.
amusik2007

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

mrniceneasy wrote:
HI Amusik2007. You can copy part of a midi to a style variation by loading the midi into your keyboard songplay mode and then creating 'markers' in the midi file between the parts that you need on the 'lyrics' page and Marker Tab. You have to be extremely accurate to do this and it can be very messy and something that to me is not satisfactory. The best way for what you are asking is by using pc sequencing software that can create accurate 'markers' in the midi which can then be imported to a style variation in Style Record Mode. I believe that 'powertracks' has this facility and you can be far more accurate with your markers. Another solution is to use 'EMC Styleworks' in song to style mode for a complete style.
Hope that answers your initial Question Smile

Hello I tried your strategy and I was successful until saving the markers. Now that I have saved the markers, how would I import them to a style variation.

Thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: