Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PX5D Help Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dennj

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: whew! Korg Pandora PX5D works on my new 64 bit win7 machine Reply with quote

Whew! Korg Pandora PX5D works on my new 64 bit windows7 machine.
i was worried for a minute there

ALTHOUGH, the drivers didn't install as smooth and painless as they did on my 32 bit XP machine

-----------------
DISCLAIMER : I'm just passing on what worked for MYSELF
(i started with a fresh win7 machine ...dunno if a WIN7 upgrade over older XP/Vista drivers acts the same)

i did NOT install last year's CD that came with the PX5D... instead, i downloaded the newest USB midi drivers.
if you already installed the ones on the CD, I'd uninstall them

(btw, I don't know yet if "Live 6" works on 64bit-win7 (??)

----

ANYWAY, here's what i did:

-plug the Pandora into a USB port and then turn it on (in the USB position) and leave it on during the install process.

-windows will see the device and try to install a driver, but it will probably declare "NOT SUCCESSFUL" ...just ignore that and click the message off

-now go here => http://www.korg.com/SupportResults.aspx?productid=290

-you'll see a DOWNLOADS tab. click it. A few updated zip files are listed

-download the new updated USB MIDI windows driver
AND the updated Sound Editor software (a MUST HAVE)

unzip them

(there's a FIX patch listed too, but i dont know what that is. i didn't need it)

one of the files you just unzipped is "DrvTools_e.exe"

install it.

when its done, go to the start menu on the task bar and find the new KORG/USB Midi Driver Tools/ folder
inside that you'll see a few programs. click on the "Install Korg USB Midi Device" program.
It finds the port where Pandora connected... and its done

now install the updated Sound Editor software.
once its open and running, you'll see "Dump receive is not available" ...ignore that.
choose "MIDI Setup" on menu and the MIDI IN/OUT ...you SHOULD see "PANDORA" listed in both "midi in" and "midi out". choose Pandora, obviously

(btw...i THINK you have to run the "Install Korg USB Midi Device" program again if you plug into a different USB slot next time)

anyway, that's what i did, and it works perfectly (so far Wink

there is a KORG UK site too for drivers http://www.korguksupport.co.uk/page.cfm?pageid=629... but it doesn't specifically mention "windows7" (??)

btw, here's the PX5D "song replacer" utility (something i might eventually use) ...at the KORG JAPAN site ?!!! http://www.korg-datastorage.jp/Software/PX5D/PX5D_SongUtil_Win_1_00.zip
The US site describes the utility, but fails the post the actual DL link
ZUrlocker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Song updater? Reply with quote

Hello,
I have had a Korg PX5D a few months and I'm getting bored with the built-in chains and songs. There are only one or two that I like. I don't have the time to create my own from the built-in rhythms. Is there some place to go download some more interesting rock / blues chains or songs?

I saw something about a "Song Updater" software but when I try to search on the Korg site it tells me I was attempting a SQL injection. (I found this very funny.)

I would also like to add some MIDI backing tracks from Band-in-a-Box. Any advice is appreciated.

thanks

--Zack
ZUrlocker at hotmail dot com
FreeBird

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a Korg Pandora PX5D and my PC is running Windows 7 Pro 64 bits. I encounter a rather anoying problem with Korg's USB MIDI drivers (1.12). When I install those drivers, they work fine but they kill "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth" so I cannot play midi files. When I re-install integrated IDT audio drivers, "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth" appears back but then Korg USB MIDI drivers don't work anymore with the Sound Editor (1.02). If I then install Korg's USB MIDI drivers again, I can use Sound Editor correctly but "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth" is killed again. And so on...

However, when I have installed Korg's USB MIDI drivers and re-installed integrated audio drivers, my PX5D is recognised by Korg's USB MIDI configuration utility (but not of course by the sound editor).

Is there a way to use both Korg Pandora PX5D with Korg's USB MIDI drivers and Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth or is there a bug in the drivers ?
almonzo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shad_Strat
I have to thank you for the explanation of how to get the PX5D working with W7...I definitely would not have been able to do it alone !
It worked thanks again ! Sounds Good
Arpegio

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: KORG PX5D Sound Editor issue Reply with quote

LiveTiger wrote:
I just purchased a PX5D and loaded the drivers and Sound Editor application on my Windows XP laptop.

The Audio via USB appears to be functioning correctly, I'm hearing my Laptop's audio at the PX5D's output jack.

When I start the Sound Editor however I see a dialog window that reports "Dump receive is not available".

I checked the hardware device manager for the KORG Pandora PX5D Properties, and the "KORG USB-MIDI Driver for Windows" indicates "Status: Driver is enabled but not functioning properly".

I've tried reloading the drivers 4 or 5 times.

Can anyone provide any guidance in correcting this issue?

Thanks for sharing, forums are awesome!

LT

What you need to do, once your device is connected, go to MIDI, then MIDI SETUP, then choose the Pandora ´´in´´ and ´´out´´ drivers.
Arpegio

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikey_B wrote:
Anyone else using other programs besides Ableton or Audacity?

I´m using Music Maker.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: