Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

replacement dials/knobs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: replacement dials/knobs Reply with quote

mine arent broken or anything, i just dont get on with them. i'd rather a knob that was extended above the surface and could be twiddled easily between fingers on the fx parameters.....has anyone of a more practical disposition than myself thought the same thing and found any that can be bought cheap and swapped over easily? i really like the fx knobs on my sp-404. something like that would be ideal....

and...seriously, WHAT were the holes really designed for?? ipod touch just falls over in them. such a weird design inclusion!? though it holds a pack of 20 cigarettes at rehearsals...
lloydsmith

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed - ergonomically challenged - anyone would think they'd never built a synth before and had only made washing machines.

Learning the key shortcuts has helped but I still find the dials annoying - especially when they change their values by themselves...(no not knocked by me)

If dial pot shafts are a standard diameter I guess there are plenty of knob candidates around- me I fancy something in spun aluminium or bakelite..

If only we could retrofit clickstops as well..

Maybe try extra rubber mat fillets in the slots - things would stay wedged in them better.
nortisop

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

post bump...

i'm finding the dial knobs to be difficult to 'fine tune' anything, and would like to replace them with normal pot knobs...

anyone have any luck yet doing this? before i think about cracking my microsampler open?
Jim Pong

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just pull the parameter & value knobs out, and put in some long & slim ones.
3sleeves

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MS knobs are an odd size compared to my other gear...can't swap with knobs from my pedals, grooveboxes or guitars. Radio Shack didn't have any that fit it either. If you do find some taller ones somewhere please post a link to the source.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: