Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zero 8 Touchscreen and Headphone problem
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marxon

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Zero 8 Touchscreen and Headphone problem Reply with quote

Hi all!

The Y Axis of my Zero 8 Touchscreen stucks since this morning!?
Y is allways at 100% if i touch it.
The X Axis reacts is correctly working.
I tried to to reinstall the 1.6 Update but this did not help.
What coudt be the reason for this behaivor?

thanks for your help and ideas

Marxon

Last edited by Marxon on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
dvelop

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you fix this? update us.
splurt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my touchscreen all of a sudden doesnt work at all in setup screen, why?

something is wrong with the touchscreen
splurt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IM HAVING THIS SAME ISSUE, OUT OF THE BLUE>.

DID YOU FIND A FIX?
Marxon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all!
Unfortunately i didnt find a fix. Sometimes it works somtimes not Sad
But i have the next big Problem: my Headphone Output isnt working anymore! I am searching for an Service manual for the Mixer. Please let me know if you find it anywhere on the web.
Marxon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: My Mails to Korg Reply with quote

Hi all,
here are some Emails from Korg.

First Mail to the german Kor Support:

Hello, the touchpad of my Zero 8 has stopped working properly. Other tips from the forum, such as the re-install the 1.6 firmware did not help. Where and how can I now have to repair my mixer? Thanks in advance M

KORG:
Hello Marco! Thank you for your e-mail request. Since we handle as a distributor not a commodity business with end customers, please repairs, spare parts and hardware to handle more requests through an authorized Korg dealer The Korg dealer will gladly answered questions about rates and repair times that can be queried by the dealer via our KORG Service. In the event a repair can be forwarded to our service through the retailer, the product The following LINK will help you find a Korg dealer in your area.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mail to local Dealer:
In the search for a contact order to a Repeatur my Korg Zero 8 mixer, I am referred by the official Korg website for you. Is it possible to send to you for repairing?

KORG
Dear Marco, thank you for your e-mail! You can only turn towards there to where you bought your mixer. If you still have not, you take the unit to visit us! Yours sincerely,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mails to Korg Canada:
Hello Korg Canada,
I have some big problems with my Korg Zero 8 Mixer:
Sometimes the Touchscreen is working somtimes not Sad
My Headphone Output isnt working anymore, too!
I am searching for an Service Manual, maybe i can rapair it myself.
Is it possible to get it somewhere?
Best regards

KORG CANADA
Hi Marco
Unfortunately service manuals are reserved for our authorized service depots only. If you tell me which province you live in I can refer you to a Korg depot in your area who will be able to repair your unit for you.

Hi again
thanks for your reply.
Are replacement parts reserved too?
I have some electronics background and hope there is a other way instead paying 350 Dollars for replacing
the whole main Board in a service depot.
Please Korg ont leave me in the lurch.

Hi Marco
We can definitely supply you with parts. Please remember that if you should open up your Korg to do any work on it if it is still under warranty your warranty then becomes NULL and VOID.
Please advise which province you live in so I may redirect your email to the CSR who handles your territory so they can provide you with part numbers and prices for the parts required.

Hi again Linda,
That are good news!
I come from Germany (Postcode: 08527) but bought the Mixer in the USA.
I allready tried it as a warranty case but there was the problem that he couldtnt find my Zero´s Serials Number in the internal Korg System. So i have nothing to lose Smile
Again, thank you very much for your effort!
Because of you i am one step further than with the German Korg Support.

Hi Marco
Now we have a problem. We do not sell parts outside of Canada.
Sorry!

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Arrgh...
So all my efforts go to zero. (...nice wordplay)
Maybe i can get at least the replacement part list?
BESTya

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: TOUCHSCREEN PROBLEM - ZERO 8 Reply with quote

IM HAVING THIS SAME ISSUE - PROBLEM WITH THE Y AXIS ON MY TOUCH SCREEN Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
oh96

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I finally decided to register here.. Smile I had this same problem recently and search the entire web for a solution and came up with nothing.

However I found on a random thread here that if you hold cue 7 and cue 8 while starting the mixer that it will reset the firmware. I tried this and the immediate result was nothing. But before I give a few solutions, I need to first give a little background because I am not 100% sure this was the reason why my unit started working again.
I had not used the zero 8 for about 5-6 months..this entire time the mixer sat in an upright position in its case (touchscreen was at a right angle with the floor). At first this didn' come to my attention as possibly being the issue... I started the mixer and while setting up a new dj set in ableton for my upcoming gig, I discovered that the screen was doing the exact same issue as yours. only one axis was responding. So after a lot of searching I discovered the cue 7 and 8 trick, before a guy named Max sent me the same info from korg US support, to reset the mixer. However, even after the reset my mixer was still not responding. After messing with it some more it magically started working again. I have two reasons why it might have been fixed and recommend you try both.

Solution 1: let the mixer sit on your desk for about a week or so and maybe something in the lcd will correct itself (or magical things will happen while you sleep and it will fix itself)

solution 2: before I reset my mixer, I didn't want to lose all my saved settings, so i used zero edit and made a backup. After reseting the mixer it didn't work but when it did start working (when I realized) was after I had uploaded the backup settings back to it.

Anyway hope that makes sense and helps you as nobody else will. I looked everywhere and even kog told me that I would probably have to have it serviced. It is working now though and no hardware was changed.

Also my unit had no hiss issues when I bought it and used it for some gigs afte...however upon taking it out of storage I realized that the hiss started. current solution to correct this is to bypass the DAC. I am using the digital out with no issues at all. The sound is perfect with no hiss. It works for me becase the clubs I play at have djm800s and I can directly plug into the digital ins on those mixers.

last note Wink I am running it on windows 7 32bit with no issues and 64 bit also with no issues (i have not tested it for periods longer than about an hour though because I do not want to risk a crash at a gig). If you do have driver issues though with little research...there are methods to get updated drivers and hack them together to make it more stable. There is good thread on this board that will lead you to the right information.

I just wish I had the time to code some custom firmware for it myself but that is very difficult these days Sad
oh96

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did my solutions work for anyone? If so...which one?
Marxon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi oh96!

thanks for your help
I tried your tipps.

Solution 1:
last week (after some days not using the mixer) my touchscreens was working for two days again.

solution2:
resetting the mixer is not the best idea because you cant restore all setting with the editor.
oh96

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marxon wrote:
Hi oh96!

thanks for your help
I tried your tipps.

Solution 1:
last week (after some days not using the mixer) my touchscreens was working for two days again.

solution2:
resetting the mixer is not the best idea because you cant restore all setting with the editor.

There are only a few things that can't be fixed with the editor but I believe that may be the solution because mine has been working since. I have used it many times since and even took it out to a few gigs this week and it has been working still.
Marxon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi again!

oh96 wrote:

There are only a few things that can't be fixed with the editor but I believe that may be the solution because mine has been working since.

resetting the mixer fixed your touchscreen problem?
lucky guy!
i started to disassamble my zero8 maybe i can discover something...

marxon
oh96

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marxon wrote:
hi again!

oh96 wrote:

There are only a few things that can't be fixed with the editor but I believe that may be the solution because mine has been working since.

resetting the mixer fixed your touchscreen problem?
lucky guy!
i started to disassamble my zero8 maybe i can discover something...

marxon

No! I wrote what I did in my post. After the reset it still did not work and I was about to give up but had a gig coming up so I used zero edit to put all my midi settings back on it. Once that was complete it started working again. Now I am not sure whether it was the reset/reloading using zero edit that fixed it or just the fact that I had it sitting on my desk for a week.
oh96

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also I would recommend trying that before tearing the mixer apart. I have some hardware and software knowledge and honestly I knew this had to a software problem because the Y axis works no matter where you touch the screen. this indicates that the screen works but the calibration is off somehow. Then you have so many people online complaining about the same issue. Everyone was complaining about the same exact issue and I highly doubt so many screens would go out the same way...so that the same axis doesn't work.
ghola

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok same problem, Im stuck at 12.5% for X axis. This is lame, I havn't used it in a while 1-2 months and that was for just a mic test.

Now I have to start wishing for it to fix its self.

Anyone else fix theirs?

edit for X axis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: