Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mastering on korg or sonar 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dnlfacundo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: mastering on korg or sonar 8 Reply with quote

i have a korg triton studio but have never messedwith the mastering effects or done a complete song with the device.So the question is would i get a high quality cd if i was to do a beat and use all the mastering on the triton or would it be better to just track out to sonar 8 and edit and master in there.I know i would have to track out if i was planning to record vocals but if it was just a completely arranged,mixed and master beat could i pull this off.

p.s.could i bennifit from adding effects to sounds before tracking out or sound i just send dry sounds.
biggrime

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: mastering on korg or sonar 8 Reply with quote

dnlfacundo wrote:
i have a korg triton studio but have never messedwith the mastering effects or done a complete song with the device.So the question is would i get a high quality cd if i was to do a beat and use all the mastering on the triton or would it be better to just track out to sonar 8 and edit and master in there.I know i would have to track out if i was planning to record vocals but if it was just a completely arranged,mixed and master beat could i pull this off.

p.s.could i bennifit from adding effects to sounds before tracking out or sound i just send dry sounds.

Now I use the Korg M3. I believe the triton studio has the same 5 insert efx and 2 master exf and one total efx as the M3. I mix and master on the M3. I resample sound if I need more efx like for example a e-guitar sound that needs a lot of efx. So it is very possible to do everything inside the board. go to my site and everything you hear on there is done 100% in the M3. my site is http://www.biggrime.net

Proud korg kronos 2 owner
X-Trade

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: mastering on korg or sonar 8 Reply with quote

biggrime wrote:
dnlfacundo wrote:

Now I use the Korg M3. I believe the triton studio has the same 5 insert efx and 2 master exf and one total efx as the M3. I mix and master on the M3. I resample sound if I need more efx like for example a e-guitar sound that needs a lot of efx. So it is very possible to do everything inside the board. go to my site and everything you hear on there is done 100% in the M3. my site is http://www.biggrime.net

Close. The Triton series doesn't have the master FX slot, nor the per-timbre EQ. Instead it has a master EQ where the master FX slot would be on the M3.
I certainly think the M3 should be able to produce much more polished combis and mixes than the Triton. You also have in-track sampling in the sequencer (also available on the Triton Extreme, and I think the Studio) which may allow you to record guitar and/or vocal takes alongside your sequenced tracks.

Personally though I would always do final mastering in software, across the entire final mix. That is what mastering is. Adding effects to individual instruments is more a part of mixing.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: