Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

physical keyboard noises/behavior

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mackbaz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: physical keyboard noises/behavior Reply with quote

So I have had my sv-1 for a couple months now. I was initially so impressed by the sounds and feel of this keyboard that I looked over this issue until now. I have several keys that are making some clicking noises at times. Its as if the white plastic portion of the key is not attached completely to the mass of the key. And at times when humidity is high the plastic portion will actually pull towards me if I am applying a decent amount of pressure.

I also notice lots of rattle/vibration from the panel. I initially thought this was just the nature of the keyboard because of the direction the knobs were oriented, but after playing a display model at sweetwater I realize the noise shouldn't be there.

Anyone else out there getting this distraction? BTW I still love the feel and sound, but this physical noise can be really irritating once your ears focus on it.
keyboard komuso

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same thing recently happened on my SV 1. Had it for a few months and it's been fine, but about a week ago one key (2nd C from bass side of the keybed) started making that clicking noise. It seems to happen when the key hits bottom then again when released, like the plastic is tapping against something. No difference in sound from the ohter notes, but a bit of an irritation / distraction when playing. I am a pretty light player, so it's not from pounding the keys. What's up Korg? I hope this does'nt start happening with other keys.
mackbaz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keyboard komuso wrote:
The same thing recently happened on my SV 1. Had it for a few months and it's been fine, but about a week ago one key (2nd C from bass side of the keybed) started making that clicking noise. It seems to happen when the key hits bottom then again when released, like the plastic is tapping against something. No difference in sound from the ohter notes, but a bit of an irritation / distraction when playing. I am a pretty light player, so it's not from pounding the keys. What's up Korg? I hope this does'nt start happening with other keys.

Its happening with more keys for me. Its almost like the vibration is knocking the plastic loose somehow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: