Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Key Bounce

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keyboard komuso

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Key Bounce Reply with quote

I've noticed that while playing the SV-1 I frequently get repeating notes caused by the keys bouncing under my fingers creating a double note. I do have a rather soft touch but even with the touch settings at 2 or 3 I still encounter this problem. If I don't consciously play with a firmer than normal touch it will happen. It's a bit of a bummer because I am altering my normal playing style to make up for it and lose some expression. I have other weighted keyboards and have never had this issue. Anyone else experiencing this?
mackbaz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Key Bounce Reply with quote

keyboard komuso wrote:
I've noticed that while playing the SV-1 I frequently get repeating notes caused by the keys bouncing under my fingers creating a double note. I do have a rather soft touch but even with the touch settings at 2 or 3 I still encounter this problem. If I don't consciously play with a firmer than normal touch it will happen. It's a bit of a bummer because I am altering my normal playing style to make up for it and lose some expression. I have other weighted keyboards and have never had this issue. Anyone else experiencing this?

Not me. But I have had keybed issues discussed earlier in the forum. The clicking sound was getting annoying. Sadly my keyboard is at sweetwater getting repaired. A week without the SV-1 is a bummer.

I wonder if that bouncing is related to the weighted action. When troubleshooting my problem I tried moving the key in many directions. If you move it up you can feel the mechanics bouncing on the inside of the key. I'd have it checked out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: