Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum fails the test

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Testing This Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evologix

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Forum fails the test Reply with quote

Just some thoughts after reading some past posts.

A lot of people are completely new to electronic music, the internet, home recording etc. It's not obvious to everyone that their problem, no matter how "noobish" it is, has an answer that is obtainable just a click away. Many are coming here as a last resort to get some help because they may not understand the manual. Let me say that again.

NOT EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS THE MANUAL AND SOME LEARN DIFFERENTLY. NOT EVERYONE IS THE SAME. NOT EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS HOW FORUMS WORK.

People learn differently. Some by watching, models, and demonstrations. So to get an answer that states, "go read the manual" leads one to believe this forum is really just a fanboy site/snob fest.

So cut the bullshit of making fun of innocent questions of new players and coming down on them for asking. Does it really cause you pain that someone posts a topic in the wrong area? Does it? Does it really hurt that someone asks a question that's been asked a number of times in the past? Maybe if you helped people more instead of being condescending you'd develop a better data base. FFS you go to the trouble to sarcastically tell people about the search function but not post a link?

Haven't you had that bad teacher way back in highschool/college that just says "read the book" if you have a question or accuses you of not paying attention or being otherwise Incompetent?

"Not affiliated with KORG" Well that's damn good for KORG.
Take care.
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if that's been your experience...

Have to say that I've received great help from people here. Those people (and me) believe in helping whilst learning more ourselves.

Nobody here means to annoy you, I'm sure!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well - you've been a member here now for 5 days.
Normally I would extend you a warm welcome but I'll hold off on that one for now....

Evologix wrote:
Just some thoughts after reading some past posts.
So cut the bullshit of making fun of innocent questions of new players and coming down on them for asking.
Does it really cause you pain that someone posts a topic in the wrong area? Does it?
Does it really hurt that someone asks a question that's been asked a number of times in the past?
Maybe if you helped people more instead of being condescending you'd develop a better data base.
FFS you go to the trouble to sarcastically tell people about the search function but not post a link?

hmmmm.... sarcasm, rudeness, destructive unsubstantiated accusations .... not nice on any forum, I agree.

.. so you are addressing these destructive comments to who exactly. and about what exactly?

If you are going to supposedly research and review a forum (as you claim here) then do it properly and constructively and document some results.
Yes, there are one or two impatient members who might respond with a sharp edge - what forum in the world does not have them?
Fortunately this is one of the better music-related forums on the Internet. It is professionally managed and all undesired members are instantly warned if not removed.
Just whinging and complaining destructively with no real substance is a total waste of time and forum space.

All you do with these types of comments is irritate the multitude of outstanding and helpful members we have.

Joining an International forum and making comments like this within the first 5 days clearly leaves me suggesting that, if you don't like KF, then leave.
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Eat-Static

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this forum is just fine. I log in everyday , i've learnt loads and one day might be knowledgeable enough to help other Korg Users.

I'm not interested in smart-arse comments. Ignore it .

Eat Static - Feels the love Applause
ROLAND SP404SX JUNO-G
Giggity-Gone

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Noob Here..."Because I asked!" Reply with quote

I just signed up tonight.
Your post was not THAT offensive to me, but once you started to curse I knew where you were going (leaving).
You just wanted to say a big "FU" to everybody before you left.
You gotta take it as it comes, shrug off the bad stuff and move along through the sludge of the internet to glean the info you're looking for.
I'm a "manual skimmer" myself and learn better hands-on.
But when I need to find something on the internet, I can usually find it.
I will admit that some people have a higher aptitude for all this keyboard stuff. I'm just a mere guitar player. I'm lost on a workstation. But I have a general aptitude for the workings of most new digital instruments. Computers, not so much...but I'm getting there.
The trick is, be adult enough to treat the "read the manual" comments with a positive, joking attitude. Don't let it phase you, keep asking. Never stop asking questions! It's how you learn.
If you get sarcastic answers, it usually means you don't have a firm grasp on what your trying to learn about. Either that, or you're just to immature to convey your thoughts in a friendly knowledgeable manner.
But still, don't give up. Don't run away. Keep trying.
My teachers use to hate me because I asked so many questions during class. I turned out to be one of the smartest kids.
Because I asked! Cool
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Testing This Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: