Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adjust Your Wavedrum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
afeldmanb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:15 am    Post subject: Adjust Your Wavedrum Reply with quote

hello, all user of wavedrum
Icould realise that the wavedrum must be adjusted a LOT before sound like we expect to sound.

any one that have the wavedrum and have adjust it very sensible and good sounding, can please write down the values on each settings so i put the same in my wave drum? and sound like have to be, very sensible, response at any touch, loud output.

i all ready tense the skin, adjust the microphone from the back and a couple of adjustment on global setings, but i still can see some videos on youtube like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTLa4fJ7YkU that for just taping very soft he got loud sound and clear.

any one help to configure at perfection my new wavedrum?

appriciate a lot your replies!!
eaom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Adjust Your Wavedrum Reply with quote

I have the same problem!

please anyone can help us?

thanks!
ak
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Did you calibrate the WAVEDRUM as suggested in the manual?

If you did not, then please do the followings:

1. Adjust the Pressure sensor and make sure that that value is 0 (read page 29 of the owner's manual)
2. Set your values for the HEAD and RIM.

3. Tune the SKIN. Trust me, it will make your wavedrum play better.
Caution: do not tune it very tight...it will break the P. Sensor...

Are you using a head-set to play the WAVE DRUM or a PA system?

If you are using a headset, you will not hear the loudness of the WAVEDRUM very well. I am playing the wavedrum by using my PA system.

Let me know if it works for you.

KELFAR SOUND LIBRARIES @ Korg Shop
KORG KRONOS SOUND LIBRARIES
Korg M3 World Music Set

Korg M3 and Kronos
Gnuus

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There most be some ideal/default settings to begin from, does anyone know this?
John Hendry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Head tuning Reply with quote

Since the head can be tightened to different degrees I can see frustration learning to set it up for some.

"3. Tune the SKIN. Trust me, it will make your Wavedrum play better.
Caution: do not tune it very tight...it will break the P. Sensor... "

How does that happen from tuning it tight? Only elec drums I've had are V-drums and this was not a issue to deal with. Sensor was a little cone not touching the head.

Nice to have you guys doing the testing since I'm too broke now to even drive to Portland and hold one and see these minor issues for myself.

I see them play on U-tube and really want to get one....then a few more after checking it out I would imagine. Better than V-drums for my use.

John^^
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my head cranked down all the way. Although it didn't break the pressure sensor it really didn't play well no pressure sensor signals from what i could tell. I tensioned the head less tight as per the manual and a little less. I set the pressure sensor to 0 and set all other setting per the manual. You can play with some of the settings to get the tone you desire and the low and upper sensitivity you want. Just play with it a bit. Every head will be different so there really wouldn't be any base line setting I can think of. I spent hours laying with setting in the calibration and still think I might tweak the head a little more sense the rim seems a bit more sensitive. Not a huge problem you just have to sit down and go through the process a few times and try some different setting to see how you like it. Good luck.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny but now that I have installed a new Remo head I am having a hell of a time tuning it. I can set the setting following the manual just fine but getting an even tone around the head is proving to be very frustrating. i have watched20 or so tuning drumhead vids and stil am having problems.

My question is do I tune the head to the acoustic tone, ie. no headphones or PA hooked up? I do it that way now but then when I play different sections of the head sound different, is that normal?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: