Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buy EMX in europe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
occult38

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Buy EMX in europe Reply with quote

Hi everyone, i'm new here and not sure my request fit in this section but i will try it this way.
Please notice also that i tried the search tool but couldn't find an answer.

Here is the thing :

I'm living in belgium and have familly in france; i'm interested in buying a EMX1SD but there is a small problem:
On the KORG USA website the price is 500USD, a price that i can afford.
On the french/belgium dealer recommended in the buying section, i can't find a EMX cheaper than 500€, wich i can't afford.
Due to the euro/USD rate of change, you will understand that i would prefer to buy it in USD, even with delivery fee it will be cheaper.

I would like to know if someone was in that situation before and if he can explain me a way to order in USA, or recommend me a european dealer wich doesn't make 130USD bonus on each sale.

Due to this situation i checked the ebay offer and other similar website to get a second hand EMX.
Despite this is now a normal thing to buy second hand things online, i'm still sceptic and i would like to know if the korg products, more specifically electribes, survive well to time, or if you wouldn't recommand a second hand.

Last things : sorry for the grammar mistakes or else, but english is not my native language and my stupid corrector is in french only.

Thanks in advance for everyone help, have a great day Exclamation
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst you're right to be sceptical about eBay, I bought my OASYS on eBay with no issues at all Smile

But I just checked on ebay.co.uk and US distributers seem able/willing to ship outside US - see here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KORG-ELECTRIBE-EMX1D-EMX-1D-SAMPLER-BUILT-SD-SLOT-/370433382889?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563f8cd9e9

Item is brand new and you get the price you want. However, I think the warranty will only be valid in the US so if anything goes wrong you'll need to ship it back there.
cooptrol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I live in Uruguay and I ordered my ESX from USA and no problem.
I went to ebay, searched for a store with the ESX which could ship to Uruguay, looked for the cheapest shipping, and asked them to put a lower price on the package to avoid customs taxes (my ESX was "U$s 80")

It arrived in a week and I ended paying U$s 500 + U$s 55 shipping + U$s 50 taxes

Impossible to get it for less than that , unless you have a friend coming from USA who can bring it to you.
P-E

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you import your EMX from outside Europe, you will have to pay the VAT (around 20% percent if you're in France, I don't know about Belgium) when you receive it, which may not make it THAT interesting to buy oversea....

Bonne chance quand même!
occult38

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay thanks a lot for your answers and for doing it fast, i will keep these information in mind.

Have all a great day, good bye!
defrag

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomann should be excellent to deal with.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/search_dir.html?xsid=e528bb9b24bfc6526383263e4a3027a5&sw=EMX1SD&gk=&bn=&x=9&y=5
http://gamefreaks.net/defrag/personal/music.html ♪♫
oobs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Buy EMX in europe Reply with quote

occult38 wrote:
On the french/belgium dealer recommended in the buying section, i can't find a EMX cheaper than 500€, wich i can't afford.

I'd suggest to directly ask about price to your local music store, maybe even by telephone.

I did it before buying my Korg ESX and the local store people explained me that the official listed price is much higher than the actual price you're going to pay.

EMX and ESX are pretty similar even from the price point of view.

Here (Italy), I paid my ESX-1SD 590€, while the Korg official listed price was something like 8-900€. See the difference.

Note that this was for a new (SD card) ESX model, while you could get a much lower price for the "old" model (SmartMedia card). But if you're going to get an EMX, be aware that sounds and samples are different between the SmartMedia and the SD version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: