Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sampling Time Problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmasta78

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Sampling Time Problems Reply with quote

Hey there,
I am unable to edit the sampling time to record a sample. I can choose either 1/64 or 0.00s
Maybe I am in the wrong menu, but I dont think so.. To get to where I am talking about, I:

Press EDIT
Move FX CONTROL 1 to SAMPLING
Press EDIT again
Move FX CONTROL 1 to TIME

In this menu, FX CONTROL 2/VALUE allows me to choose between 1/64 or 0000.0SEC

When I attempt to sample (in any mode) I can only sometimes get a short soundbit..
Up until now everything was normal

Of note, I downloaded and transferred 2 banks to it using the editor librarian, and therefore I thought it might be memory issues, but I just deleted one of the banks and saved so if it was missing memory, it would have it now, plus that only put it at 3 full banks.

Any help is appreciated.
dmasta78

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and also one more thing:
In Key Gate mode, when it is prepped to sample (Sampling SW button is yellow) and I go to hole a key as one would normally do to sample, it exits out of sampling mode.

And previously I had a problem where I couldn't get it to sample for long enough (but still longer than what I can get now) and I could never figure out how to fix it.
woodswalker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmasta78 wrote:
Oh and also one more thing:
In Key Gate mode, when it is prepped to sample (Sampling SW button is yellow) and I go to hole a key as one would normally do to sample, it exits out of sampling mode.

And previously I had a problem where I couldn't get it to sample for long enough (but still longer than what I can get now) and I could never figure out how to fix it.

Yep--same here. The manual says "values goes up to 159.7" (seconds I presume.) NOPE. Mine goes up to 5.1 seconds. Not enough to record a decent loop.

Can anyone in Korg fix these problems or are we just talking to ourselves? I wrote to KORG & didn't get a decent answer. Here is the answer KORG gave me:

"Thank you for your inquiry. Sampling times for each bank will change depending on the sampling frequency you are using and if you are sampling in stereo or mono."

Also, when I try to import a sample via the Microsampler editor, I get a message "Failed to transmit a sample...make sure the free memory size of the microsampler".

I can't find any place in the microsampler where I can check or edit the "free memory size". What is he talking about?

I think I"ll write Korg a letter again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: