Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sv1 and the Samson a5 monitor deal?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jampaq

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Sv1 and the Samson a5 monitor deal? Reply with quote

Hello all, I'm new to the Korg community, and hope to get even more involved because I'm on the brink of obtaining an 88-key SV-1.

Korg Canada is currently offering a holiday deal where they throw in a pair of Samson a5 monitors (around a 250$ value, from what I've seen)--anyone have any opinions on the sound quality?

I'm new to the stage piano scene, having primarily only played acoustics, and first step will be using the SV1 at home, but quickly incorporating it into my band setting.

I appreciate any opinions on this--am I better off taking this deal, or will I be disappointed in the sound? Many thanks!
Jampaq

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I should clarify, it's the Samson Resolv a5--I can't find many detailed reviews, particularly as it related to use with keyboards.
mackbaz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard them in person.. They sounded really good to me when I was considering buying them for my sv-1. I instead bought some Alesis M1 Active 520 USB because of the usb interface.

I would say its a great deal though. They aren't the best, but if you haven't heard studio monitors before you will be impressed. The stereo monitors really make the acoustic pianos come to life.
Jampaq

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mackbaz wrote:
I heard them in person.. They sounded really good to me when I was considering buying them for my sv-1. I instead bought some Alesis M1 Active 520 USB because of the usb interface.

thanks for the info--and the low end of the sounds is ok, even on a 5" monitors? I was considering the groovetubes spacestation mark ii stereo amp as well. I guess I can't be sure unless I hear it with my own ears.
mackbaz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jampaq wrote:
mackbaz wrote:

thanks for the info--and the low end of the sounds is ok, even on a 5" monitors? I was considering the groovetubes spacestation mark ii stereo amp as well. I guess I can't be sure unless I hear it with my own ears.

The only thing I have run into is overdriving the low end with the organs on the sv-1. I just turn down the bass on the eq and it still sounds great.. I got mine for 200 bucks and it has a usb audio interface, so I am just fine with having to turn the EQ.

I've only read good things about the resolvs and would say they are probably better than mine. For free with the SV-1 its a good buy. If you are extremely picky you would probably want to step up to the resolv a6 so you can attach a subwoofer and get that low end.
Jampaq

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the opinion, I may actually skip the deal, find a better sv1 price online and grab a Groove Tubes SFX mark ii (one of the few remaining ones...Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: