Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Assigning chord triggers outside of normal keyboard range

View previous topic :: View next topic  
X-Trade

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Assigning chord triggers outside of normal keyboard range Reply with quote

Has anyone tried this?

A little background:
I am currently using chord triggers to trigger different combinations of RPPR patterns for different parts of the song. A bit annoying because RPPR can't trigger KARMA modules so I can't tweak the 'feel' of certain parts in realtime, but that is besides the point.

I'd like to move my RPPR keys up, out of the normal range of the KARMA's keyboard so that I still have the whole keyboard (minus the bottom C, which isn't a problem as most of my stuff uses D anyway) to play other parts. I also use an additional MIDI keyboard.

Unfortunately unlike the newer M3 we don't actually have a visual on-screen way of editing the chord triggers' notes, so how can I get the notes into the triggers?
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did this before in order to make an 808 bass drop on chord triger 4 lol

you need to transpost down the keyboard
if you want it super off range, transpose down from global - (or +) 12 and then even more so if you want from the combi by making the SW1 switch down one octave (temproiarly) and then manually assign it, the chord triggers will save that as the actual note your playing at that time , so it should work when you un transpose

to be honest, ive never tried it with global, im assuming it will work, but i know for fact that the SW1 trick works!

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately transposing down won't work because when RPPR is enabled, all keys below the bottom C (in the standard keyboard range) are reserved for 'Off' keys.

Perhaps if I use the global transpose UP an octave or two. I will have to try it out.
Basically I was hoping to assign RPPR patterns to note number 127 and down from there.

I suppose the transpose UP SW1 might work too, as long as I only need 12 RPPR keys.

Thanks for the tip! I knew there had to be a way...
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had another theory actually, i use the karma function usually not as arpegiation but to assign not global midi channels to be able to sound. (usually through a pedal for fast ptch switcching within the same combi)

Maybe if you can turn karma on you can make it only respond to a certain midi CC and you can reassign one of the triggers from global>ctrl and change the CC they send out!

if you can give me some insight to a thread i just posted yesterday her ein karma forums

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Karma All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: