Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Winter NAMM 2011 - Kaoss?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OhioBuckeye

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Winter NAMM 2011 - Kaoss? Reply with quote

All,

Any word or chance of a KAOSS product being included in the Winter NAMM? I know there is speculation about what Kronos in fact will be and that it may be related to KAOSS but nothing concrete that I've seen.

OB
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I really hope not! I am very happy with what i have in my Kaoss collection and see no reason to be inspired to want to spend more money...
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Aciphecs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping for a new design for the KM202 with the large lighted kaoss pad as the center piece and a better layout! The current model has way too much space available for the larger pad Very Happy

BP Facebook Page

BP Youtube Channel
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaoss Quad .......
13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TSUNAMI wrote:
Kaoss Quad .......

I thought this was a joke but I found out that there is a rumor. Can you post the link of where you found this on the korg site?
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO JOKE, NO RUMOR !!! Cool
13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'm in!

The following is a translation by Google translate from the Korg Spain site:

Main Features Quad Kaoss Pad

Touch Panel design with attractive lighting that moves in sync with your interpretation
Control multiple effects in real time using the intuitive touch panel Kaoss XY
Create your Kaoss effects combinations and controls up to four effects at once
Choose one of the five effects of each group: a total of 1,295 combinations!
Freeze button saves the settings when you remove your finger effects, for ease of use
Effects Control versatile and comfortable for unlimited expressiveness
New Effects Looper: Forward, Back, Division for a new interpretative intensity
Mixing with the new style DJ Effects: Break Vinyl Ducking and Compressor
Auto BPM detection feature and Tap Tempo to make your Kaoss always keep pace

Twelve years ago, the first generation Kaoss Pad burst onto the music scene with DJ effects control touch panel. Since then, the overwhelming acceptance and popularity of XY touch panels is evident in many products Korg: Kaoss Pad effects, the Kaossilator series, nanoPAD padKONTROL and drivers, including the exclusive screen TouchView M3 TM - which are now standard in the music scene . To all this we add the Kaoss Pad Quad, with new effects, features and functions that truly stand out in its category.

As suggested by its name "Quad", the new Kaoss Pad allows to simultaneously use four effects. These effects can be synchronized with the rhythm of your music to transform your song as you want, in real time. It can process any audio source, MP3 player, a mixer, an instrument, including voice over the microphone input. The potential for expressive interpretation allows Quad Kaoss Pad makes other effect units bite the dust, approaching the realm of "instruments." The touch panel LED lighting, attractive design, adds a great sense of personality, further improving the unique Quad Kaoss Pad.

The Kaoss Pad Quad captivate everyone. The experienced user can perform highly technical interpretations, and everyone can enjoy activities such as DJ. In any case, your audience will be captivated. The interest and benefits arising from this new instrument will thrill everyone.

Dazzling illuminated touch panel

The intuitive interface that has contributed to the Korg Kaoss series is so popular is very well represented in Kaoss Pad Quad. Touch it or slide your finger across the touchpad XY, and change the effect parameters, producing dramatic changes in sound, in real time. A big change in the touch panel are bright LEDs that illuminate in a variety of colors. The lighting changes depending on the state of the effects, BPM settings and your moves while you play. The DJ booth or the stage will be brightly lit to enhance the interest of any action.

Use up to four simultaneous Effects for unimaginable expressive

As its name suggests, Kaoss Pad Quad lets you simultaneously control up to four effects with the touch panel. Each of the four effect modules - Looper, modulation, filtering, and delay / reverb - contains five options (plus one off), for a total of 1,295 combinations. And best of all, the effects can be selected directly from the front panel, a more intuitive than previous models Kaoss Pad. Enjoy creating your own combinations Kaoss and discover ways to radically transform the sound.

Rhythmically add-on effects, or activating / deactivating effect your song progresses, you can use Kaoss Pad Quad to add variation and complexity to the structure of your song. In other words, even the simplest rhythm can be transformed into a melody that will put all the dance action. Besides being a huge advantage for the professional, the Kaoss Pad Quad is also very fun for other users. It is extremely simple and easy to use, simply touch the panel to apply effects. Connect a portable audio player or any audio source and begin to enjoy hours of creation and sound processing. Once you try it, you lose track of time!

Freeze button offers hands-free effects!

For each of the four effect modules, Freeze is a button that memorizes the position where you are touching the touch panel, allowing the effect continues to apply even after you release your finger. If you touch the touch panel again while the Freeze function is on, only the effects will be monitored are not enabled. You can achieve even higher levels of freedom of interpretation using the four buttons along with buttons Freeze type of effect.

Expand your playing with new effects

In addition to more traditional Effects, Kaoss Pad Quad offers many new effects:

Looper Multi-Mode

Use the touch pad to loop a part of your song, the number of times is controlled by the location that you touched. There are three types of loop, the standard Looper, the Reverso Looper phrase that plays back loop, and Loop Slicer , which divides the phrase and allows you to loop only a specific part. You can switch between different types of looper sliding your finger up and down on the touch panel while playing the loop, causing radical changes of pace on the fly. These sophisticated tools allow you to loop set in motion the entire dance floor.

Effects of Vinyl: Vinyl Break

The first effect can slide your finger up and down on the touchpad to simulate the effects of classic vinyl turntable. Then, if you leave your finger on the touch panel without moving, you can create the effect of gradual slowdown to standstill, as well as to stop the rotation of a turntable. The realistic sound is very appreciated by DJs, and even a beginner can feel like an experienced DJ.

Ducking Comp transforms Reproduction

Creates the distinctive effect "compressor ducking" which has become a staple in the musical production. Reinforcing the sound level of the relaxation phase of the hype, this effect can transform your sound very musical forms.

All Synchronized!

The unique Auto BPM automatically detects the tempo / BPM (beats per minute) of the song being played or the audio source. Using this feature allows BPM effects, like delay, will stay in sync with the song. We also have the Tap Tempo function, you can press the TAP button several times with the desired tempo to set the appropriate value of BPM, including a song that has no set rhythm or whose BPM is difficult to detect. You can also use the BPM button to make fine adjustments.

QUAD KAOSS PAD Specifications

Effects Modules and Types:

Module Looper, Looper, Looper Rev, Loop Slicer, Grain Shifter, Vinyl Break

Module Mod: Dist, Decimator, Ducking Comp, Flanger, Phaser

Module Filter: LPF, HPF, BPF +, Jet, Pitch Shifter

Module Delay / Rev: 1Delay, Delay, Tape Echo, Reverb, Delay Reverb

Tickets:

Line inputs (RCA jacks), Mic (1 / 4 "phone jack)

Departures:

Line Outputs (RCA jacks), Headphones (1 / 4 "stereo phone jack)

Sampling Frequency

48 kHz

AD / DA:

24-bit linear

Power:

DC 9V 1700mA

Included items:

AC adapter, protective sheet to the touch panel

Dimensions:

185 x 213 x 44 mm

Weight:

754 g

KAOSS PAD QUAD options:

ST-MICRO Support

What does this add up to????

THE KAOSS PAD OF MY AND EVERY OTHER GUITAR PLAYERS DREAMS!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually even more you hook up what was once your seemingly limited Kaossilator Pro and you will make even more unique sounds than you have had before.

Korg's getting my cash...but at least I won't be paying though the nose like those hooked on KRONOS hahahahaha
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
mesoboy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't look like you can sample ŕ la KP3. Also, it looks as if certain effects are mutually exclusive.

I could be wrong though.... Rolling Eyes
Pastor-of-Muppets
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mesoboy wrote:
Unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't look like you can sample ŕ la KP3. Also, it looks as if certain effects are mutually exclusive.

I could be wrong though.... Rolling Eyes

it looks as though the Looper feature replace the sample banks, and the Loop Slicer is controlled by the pad instead of the 8 PROGRAM buttons

I think it looks very cool and maybe better than a KP3 for some users, but I think I prefer the KP3 for my purposes so I'm pleased I don't feel the need to buy a Quad too!
OhioBuckeye

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the link:
http://www.korg.es/dj-remix-vj/121-catalogo-dj-remix-vj/638-kaoss-pad-quad-procesador-dinamico-de-efectos

Any idea on price yet?

I as well don't believe this would be a purchase for me. I'll wait for more reviews and information of course but as of now I don't see anything in the description that has sold me.

The layering of effects but this can be done with re-sampling on the KP3 right to some degree right? So really the KP3 with it's large number of effects provides so much more than this right?

OB

Last edited by OhioBuckeye on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pastor-of-Muppets
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OhioBuckeye wrote:

The layering of effects but this can be done with re-sampling on the KP3 right to see degree right?

but not if you want to apply effects live, without sampling and re-sampling
Miggz McFly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

somebody give a price estimate. it shouldnt be more than 400 usd right?
moroe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

without midi and presets ??

then it would be useless for me

moroe
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first look, it appears that there's no midi, no SD card, 1 loop vs. 4 on the KP3, no USB, no editor, no battery operation (vs. miniKP), no motion recording, no vocoder, no drum patterns, no synth. This is more of a dual miniKP with lighted pad and more buttons, rather than the next version of the KP3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: